PDA

View Full Version : Party 11 ITM, middle piece of flop, what's my line?

Xippy
08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Sorry about this, I can't seem to get the hand converter to work. I manually changed the HH some.

Shorty just doubled up against me last hand.

Villain seemed to auto-pot the flop when it was checked to him. He had done it probably 6 of 7 chances shorthanded. I check/bluff-pushed once, and he folded.

Do you play the flop differently? I assume I'll hear quite a few "Define your hand with a bet on the flop/chase the many draws that can beat you/[fill in your favorite reason to bet the flop]." In hindsight, I think betting the flop probably was the right way to go.

If you check the flop, which is what I actually did, what's your line when the pot bet comes?

Level:4 Blinds(50/100) Table Table 11625 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 3: xippy ( $2747 )
Seat 5: villain( $4373 )
Seat 1: shorty( $880 )
Trny:14792591 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to xippy [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
villain calls [100].
shorty folds.
xippy checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
xippy checks.
villain bets [250].
xippy ?

BadMongo
08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Well, since you have a read that he will bet the flop with nothing, I think a check/raise is in order. So I don't mind the check, but I'd pop him back to ~700 or so. If he calls I check/fold the turn and river without improvement, and if he reraises I dump the hand.

Klak
08-13-2005, 02:59 PM
i love the checkraise with 2nd pair here. i think if he calls you would want to check the turn and river and hopefully get him to bluff more chips off to you.