PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys choose tables?

iluzion
08-13-2005, 01:57 PM
The other day when I had a short time to play, I realized if I practiced my usual way of picking tables, I would have almost no time to play. I usually open a bunch of tables, then find something to do for a good few minutes and come back to pick which tables look good,if none look that good, i close them and open new ones. Is it worth the +EV to lose time playing to do this?

jasonHoldEm
08-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I pick tables at random, but will leave after an orbit or two if I don't like the lineup. I'm more likely to chase someone during a session rather than putting them on my buddy list and try to find them from one session to another, people go broke pretty quickly so I don't see very much longterm value in "buddy-listing" (although I do have a few I watch out for)...but if you can find someone whose tilted or on his way towards going broke it's worth it to try and follow him when he moves tables during the same session.

J

MrWookie47
08-13-2005, 02:09 PM
None of the above. I sit at an empty table and let the donks come to me. It may seem odd, but it works like a charm, especially since you get to pwn them when HU or SH.

josh1122
08-13-2005, 03:30 PM
This is from just a couple days ago.

Game Selection Poll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=3114515&pag e=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

IGMorton
08-13-2005, 03:30 PM
At 3/6 I open up tables and look for multiple short stacked players. This is usually the best indication of the inexperienced players. I'm betting most of them are 1/2 players out of their league. If i see many people at the table have a bigger stack that the standard PP buy in (25 BB) i don't sit down.

BTW, i'm 3-tabling 3/6 without any on-table stats display. These short stacked players are so loose and unpredictably foolish their stats don't mean much because they would take forever to converge. Either they were silly enough to sit down with 10 BB, or they have been loosing for a while and likely are on tilt. Both are goot.

vabogee
08-13-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick tables at random, but will leave after an orbit or two if I don't like the lineup. I'm more likely to chase someone during a session rather than putting them on my buddy list and try to find them from one session to another, people go broke pretty quickly so I don't see very much longterm value in "buddy-listing" (although I do have a few I watch out for)...but if you can find someone whose tilted or on his way towards going broke it's worth it to try and follow him when he moves tables during the same session.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

It always amazes me how fast my buddy list dries up. Most people at the low limits seem to disappear forever--very quickly. oh well...

08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
None of the above. I pick tables with medium pot sizes, sit for an orbit or so and get up if I don't like it.

mdeck
08-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I've datamined for a while and have a buddy list of particularly fishy players that keep coming back, or tilt and like to jump up limits. When I first log on, I join the waiting lists of their tables if they are good, if not I join random tables that look good from the players I have data on.