View Full Version : KK on A76 board.

Jeff W
08-13-2005, 01:28 PM
This might be standard.

BB is 24/11/2.2 over 800 hands.
CO is 54/07/0.7 over 200 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party Poker Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Jeff is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Jeff calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff bets</font>.

Carmine
08-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Taking your line I don't bet this river. Villian is either on a weak ace or a busted flush draw. I think you only get called by hands that beat you. Of course a smaller PP is possible for one but I doubt both often enough. I also think that if CO is on a PP he dumps it to the flop raise which is why I like to 3-bet this flop.

sy_or_bust
08-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I think CO will bet the river with most better hands and check behind worse hands, which would mean check/call is much worse than betting. I like it.

Lmn55d
08-13-2005, 02:00 PM
If CO has a pocket pair you don't want him to fold the flop because he has 2 outs. If he has a pair of 3s or 6s, however, you wouldn't mind him folding because he has 5 outs. 3betting the flop is spewing IMO because there is such a good chance that you are behind. 3betting doesn't really get you any reliable info and only *might* protect your hand if you're ahead, which you probably aren't. When villain checks the turn it looks like he has a busted flush draw. At the river, I think you need to bet for value against CO.

Carmine
08-13-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think CO will bet the river with most better hands and check behind worse hands, which would mean check/call is much worse than betting. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being CO is so passive you may be correct. That is why I like actual reads better than PT #'s. If it were HU I say easy bet. The problem for me however is BB. Yes we put him on a flush draw, but should we be limiting his range so precisly.

dacubbie
08-13-2005, 05:00 PM
BB's raise and then check on the turn makes me think he's on a diamond draw? CO appears to be dead money. Bet the turn after BB checks and then fold to any more aggression.