PDA

View Full Version : AA river situation---call smallish bet?

08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Full Ring Empire $100NL

Hero is on the button with $140
Villain is UTG with $90

Villain is about as awful as they come. Calling all in with A-9s, K-Qs, 6-6, etc. Just terrible in every possible way. Big Blind is even worse.

Villain miniraises to $2. Folded to Hero on button with Ac Ah who raises to $7. BB calls and Villain calls.

($21) Flop: Jc 7c 2d

BB bets $3, Villain calls, Hero makes it $25. BB folds, Villain thinks and types in the chat “pocket?” and then calls. From the way he’s been showing cards, talking in the chat, and playing in general, I think he actually knows he’s behind here but just can’t fold. When he calls I’m thinking he’s got a decent jack, and probably has K-J and maybe A-J, but I figure the former just b/c I have two aces in my hand. He could also have Q-J, J-10, or even J-9. He could also easily have just two overs.

($74) Turn: Jc 7c 2d Kh

OK, not what I wanted to see. He checks and I decide to check behind, hoping to spike two pair on him or an ace. I also think I could easily be ahead and am prepared to call a moderate size bet on the river.

($74) River Jc 7c 2d Kh Qs

Great river. He bets out $20. Now I’m thinking that I’m probably beat, but I’m getting almost 5 to 1 to call. I think he could have a lot of hands that I’m ahead of like A-J, J-10, maybe J-9. There’s also a chance he was on some kind of draw and missed and is making a stab at the pot. He could also have something like A-K or A-Q and actually thinks he’s ahead.

Do you call the river? And what do you think about checking the turn?