PDA

View Full Version : 6max SB 96s

Somekid
08-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I find myself in situations like this alot. I know that if checked to, the CO will usually bet so I c/r to protect my hand. Is this a good flop line and how are the turn and river bets?

Also, what would you do if the BB bet out and gets one or more callers. Usually in situations like that I fold when it gets back to me. Although this seems a bit weak/tight.

PartyPoker - $1/$2 Hold'em - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

BB is 59/9/1.2 (34)
UTG is 80/20/1.3 (15)
CO is 40/0/1.8 (15)

Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 2 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="red">CO BETS</font>
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ( Pot Size: 4 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>

(2 players) RIVER: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 6 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>

Final Pot:8 BB

MrWookie47
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I think I check/call the river.

Somekid
08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
What do you do if you check the flop and the BB bets?

Somekid
08-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Since most people found this hand uninteresting perhaps I should explain more about why I found it so interesting.

96s is the kind of marginal holding that players see flops with from the blinds. I've made TPNK in a four handed pot. My hand is quite weak and has high reverse implied odds. However the size of the pot dictates that I should fight for it.

Betting out cannot possibly protect my hand. Players with overcards and any kind of draw will have odds to draw. Also the players are very passive meaning that the later position players will be able to call with very weak draws since the other players will pad the pot. I also want to limit the amount of players in the hand since I will almost assuredly find myself in the uncomfortable situation of seeing an overcard turn or river.

Hence the only plan is to c/r the flop. However since my opponents are passive they are unlikely to bet unless they caught a piece of the flop (that is likely better than my TPNK). The only exception is the CO. Most 1/2 players will bet that spot 95% of the time or more. Meaning that I can c/r the field off the COs bet.

The main problem comes if I check and the BB or UTG bets. If anyone else calls I think I should fold since my hand is very likely to hold up unimproved (multiway) and may already be behind.

If the BB or UTG bets and it is folded back to me I'm not so sure. I feel like check/folding only because I risk losing multiple bets if I'm already behind (and the pot is somewhat small). However this seems weak-tight so I'm really not sure what the ideal line is.

Hands like this one are the reason why I feel like 6max greatly improves any player's game.

MrWookie47
08-13-2005, 02:13 PM
It depends on who calls. I'll lean towards peeling one off and checking the action on the turn (and the card).