PDA

View Full Version : Fold the Turn?

CashFlo
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
How many mistakes did I make in this hand? I had just suffered consecutive losses with great hands and probably was in a poor state of mind while playing this hand. Was flop raise good? What about the check/call line on the turn and river.

2nd orbit, no reads.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em <font color="blue">(10 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, CO Calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO Calls.

Flop: (5.5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players</font>
CO Bets, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO Bets, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>.

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue[/b">(2 players)</font>
CO Bets, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>.

Flame away.

Bradyams
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
I can find a fold on the turn.

Dave G.
08-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I'd fold it. The pot is small and you're probably beaten.

mojobluesman
08-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd fold the turn.

Was the flop raise for value or for information?

Generally, I wouldn't put a single player on a T in that spot, but he did lead out on that flop. So that does raise the probability a little bit.

After he called the flop raise and then lead out again when the Q fell I think it's highly likely you are toast. The pot isn't big enough.

bozlax
08-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow. Weird hand. Looks like he's either on overcards or caught a piece of the flop, and either way doesn't want to give you a free card. Once the second overcard to your pair falls on the turn and he bets into you again, I think you can safely let go in this small pot.

If you had a read and thought that he might be playing overcards like this, thinking that your flop raise signified a diamond draw, then you might fire again on the turn to let him know that's not what you have, but that's 3rd level thinking that usually doesn't apply in micros.

tiltaholic
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
i fold the turn unless i have a strong read to suggest he's insane. (i also raise the flop)

you will be spending 2 BB to win 5 BB. are we winning here 2/7ths of the time against an unknown?