PDA

View Full Version : PP $25 AKo in position

twolf
08-13-2005, 11:57 AM
This hand happened a few days ago so no reads this time. Just looking through PT and wanted opinions on my play(turn call).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($28.35)
CO ($31.10)
Button ($7.75)
SB ($25)
BB ($21.72)
UTG ($27.60)
UTG+1 ($31.70)
MP1 ($22.05)
MP2 ($43.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.10) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($7.10) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $6.

River: ($31.10) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $31.10

Rosie5
08-13-2005, 12:04 PM
the best play at party 25$ NL seems to be just assume your AK is best if you hit the flop h-up. And with no other paint on the board this is a slam dunk. the board is sickeningly good for you. reads would definitely help thouhg.

push the turn

btw got anything in there from JJJJJesus? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

xcrack999
08-13-2005, 12:10 PM
What does a turn push accomplish other than let him fold bluffs and get him to call with sets and two-pairs? I like your line of calling and reevaluatng on river.

Rosie5
08-13-2005, 12:14 PM
players are usually too timid with just a pair of aces on the river in 25$ NL, I get all my $ in on the turn here every time.

2 PR? he called 1.50$ preflop called on the flop it screams worse ace but not so bad he made 2 pair.

he's not going to bluff at it again on the river, get real. After you call the turn he's done bluffing at it. You think he'll make a 1/6 pot sized bluff? hahahah

villian has like 5 bucks left behind after you call. What kind of re-evaluating are you going to do hmm?

2PAUL2
08-13-2005, 12:41 PM
looks pretty good to me although i would fold the turn aginst certain opponents.

also i might put the rest in on the river becuase i cant see him checking a hand that beats you with what looks like very little left to bet an if hes got something like an oddly played AQ/J you can get a bit more value out of him.

swedeD
08-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I really don't like to much aggression with TPTK at NL25. From my experience there are to many loose weak players that will just call down with two-pair and two many players that will slowplay sets until the river.

BUT, in this case as this hand worked out, why should villian check with only around $7 left and with $31 in the pot if he have a better hand than TPGK (like AQ)? So I definitely agree with Rosie5, take his last bucks with a bet/push after the river.

xcrack999
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Oops, didn't notice the stack size. Scratch the reevaluating part. Putting him all-in on the turn is fine, but waiting till the river to see if he'll bet again with worse hands is also fine. There are hands like a weaker ace or a bluff that he might not call a turn 3-bet with but might bet out if you just call his raise. Why are you so sure that he won't bluff again on the river? People make desperation bluffs all the time when they realize that they've put 75% of their stack in the middle with nothing and the only chance of them winning the pot is if they try to get their opponent to fold.

twolf
08-13-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After you call the turn he's done bluffing at it. You think he'll make a 1/6 pot sized bluff? hahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't even make a 1/6 pot sized bet when he actually rivered me with ATo /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I thought it was strange.

FWIW I was pretty happy to get all the betting in with the best hand, so this is far from a bad beat post.