PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe you or I'll make you believe me.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
party 2k game

i have 3k. villian has me covered with 4k. my image at this point is somewhat loose/aggressive though i've only shown down the goods.

he limps in mp. i raise in the CO with 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif to 70. blinds fold. he calls. 170 in the pot.

flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

he checks. i bet 125. he minraises to 250.

i make it 600. he folds.

then i realized, i got lucky because if he had any kind of decent hand reading ability or bravery he shouldn't have believed me. do you agree?

ggbman
08-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I think that really depends on how you play, i don't know why it's impossible for you to have a set here?

Chris Daddy Cool
08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that really depends on how you play, i don't know why it's impossible for you to have a set here?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i overstated it, but don't most sets or AA,KK type hands that don't want folds wait till the later streets to make their moves? these types of plays seem like they want to their opponent to fold. i dunno, its just been a while since i played a set (or had the chance to play one) like that.

kyro
08-13-2005, 12:08 PM
On a very safe board like that, I would call his raise on the flop with a set. So if you're saying he shouldn't believe you that you have a set, I guess I believe you.

BobboFitos
08-13-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then i realized, i got lucky because if he had any kind of decent hand reading ability or bravery he shouldn't have believed me. do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, wtf cdc :P

would you really 3bet here with AQ? AA? QQ? rainbow board, only possible draw 34...

I tihnk this is a great situation where your opponent rates to have a weak hand but your line doesn't represent a better one

steaknshake925
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
so can we generalize that most times a flop 3bet of a min CR on a raggedy board means the 3bettor has nothing?

also, i think its fine to not represent anything on a big bluff if u think the other guy isnt smart enough to notice

BobboFitos
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so can we generalize that most times a flop 3bet of a min CR on a raggedy board means the 3bettor has nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that. Alot of players (imo not so good ones) will 3bet tptk thinking if they're called they're done w. the hand. (As a "cheaper way to find out if villain has a set")

It is less expensive then calling the raise and calling down or raising the turn for showdown, but it's exploitable once you see it.

[ QUOTE ]
also, i think its fine to not represent anything on a big bluff if u think the other guy isnt smart enough to notice

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, true, but you'd think at 2k level people are decent hand readers.

VanVeen
08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
In general, you'd think wrong.

ggbman
08-13-2005, 02:54 PM
This is being overthought a bit. That Min-raise could have been just about any decent queen. Most NL players do not consistently play hands in the same manner. Sometimes they will shove the flop with a set on a drawless board, and other times they will wait till the turn or river. The guy limped, and chros raised. Chris then bet/3bet the flop. Generally he's not getting calls from any hands worse than a weirdly played KK.

kagame
08-13-2005, 03:12 PM
i think this is a great call to bluff spot when you factor in your straight draw/runner-runner flush

if you think he has nothing you should just call not only because it looks scarier, but also in order to continue to let him bluff you if you hit the nuts

neon
08-13-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, I think these are the people we shouldn't be bluffing all that much, no?

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually, I think these are the people we shouldn't be bluffing all that much, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he means not smart enough to notice as in a weak tight player who doesn't read hands very well and probably won't pick up that it's a bluff.

fimbulwinter
08-13-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CDC is better than to play a set that way on that dry a flop.

fim

ggbman
08-13-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CDC is better than to play a set that way on that dry a flop.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i know this, but if we are being realistic, the vast majority of his opponents won't, which makes this play fine.