PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 holdem hand

Jozepha
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
- - - HAND 2526170910 - - -
PreFlop: Pavel10 is SB with Ah Qh (9 Players)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, Pavel10 raises, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, CO raises, Pavel10 calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls,

Flop: (12.00 SB) As 8h 4d (4 Players)
Pavel10 checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets, CO raises, Pavel10 raises, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls,

Turn: (12.00 BB) 7s (4 Players)
Pavel10 bets, BB raises, UTG+2 calls

JinX11
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
What are your questions? What are your reads? These things are important.

Given nothing but the hand, I call down. The limp-reraise could mean AA or AK, but I think it won't be often enough to call down. I see an overplayed KK often enough here out of CO....

EDIT: missed the turn action. Hmmm...I think you may have a fold here. Smells of a set or two pair. Your horse is dead or dying.

Jozepha
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
My question is , What is my turn play after the re-raise?

I have no stats on either player, it was one of my first hands on the table.

JinX11
08-13-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is , What is my turn play after the re-raise?

I have no stats on either player, it was one of my first hands on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, CO is still to act - did he fold or call (or 3-bet)? It may not matter to me, though....

I think in this hand BB often enough has 88 (dead), 44 (dead), A8 (3 outs), 87 (8 outs), or AK (3 outs) that you may be able to find a fold. The pot is becoming protected so BB's show of strength is probably not garbage. UTG+2's cold-call of two on the turn is worrisome, as well, although he could just be stubbornly calling with a worse ace than yours.

One thing: if you call the turn, you must call a river bet. Don't call the turn and then fold the river for one bet if you don't improve. You call the turn because you think you may be ahead, not because you are hoping to improve.

However, to call down, you need to be good about 1 time in 12 (assuming it goes only one bet around on the river) - I dont think I see it.

Jozepha
08-13-2005, 10:58 AM
CO off flat called and I folded. I gave CO credit for and AK or AA.

By the way BB had 56off and CO had A 10off