PDA

View Full Version : Troublesome AA

Tropex
08-13-2005, 10:05 AM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Was new to the table so no reads whatsoever.

billyjex
08-13-2005, 10:10 AM
i can't comment on the turn and river because the flop was so horribly misplayed..

what was your thinking?

Tropex
08-13-2005, 10:11 AM
I suppose I should've lead the flop but it was all rags and rainbow so I figured outdrawal is quite unlikely. And I can tell you, he would've called and the turn and river would've gone exactly the same.

billyjex
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
I still bet these flops because any piece of the board is calling you regardless. You can't risk giving a free card to a gutter. they love to call so why not let them?

As it was played, it's hard to ever slowdown even though T8 is very possible here (and was the actual hand.) you have the second nuts and well.. it doesn't matter much..

MisterKing
08-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Opponent could have a smaller set a huge % of the time. His thinking: ok, the other guy raised PF so I'll either c/c or c/r the flop, and then open fire on the turn. I think he has a smaller set at least as often as he has T8.

Flop is awful, as has been stated. You must put bets in here! You need to give cover for when you have AK and missed but still bet, you need to punish draws, and you need to get some value! As Baronzeus or someone said, fastplaying is the new slowplaying. Get with it.

Dudd
08-13-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I should've lead the flop but it was all rags and rainbow so I figured outdrawal is quite unlikely. And I can tell you, he would've called and the turn and river would've gone exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if it would have gone exactly the same, why not get some value on the flop in addition to the turn/river?