PDA

View Full Version : I can beat 3/6...but 1/2 slaughters me..

ZBTHorton
08-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey guys,

Don't post in HUSH very much, but I am having some issues.

I play a little bit of everything online. Sometimes I 6 table 2/4 or 3/6 full, sometimes I 8 table SNG's, sometimes I play 3/6 SH. I'm a winner in all three types, at a somewhat normal win rate(1.5-2.5BB/100 or 15-20%ROI).

I cashed out 2K the other night to cover some expenses. And decided I'd work my way back upto 3/6SH playing 1/2 SH. I've had issues in this game before, but decided that if I could beat 3/6...I can obviously beat the lower game.

Well. Maybe not. After my first couple of thousand hands at 1/2 6M, I feel so lost. Here are some of the problems I seem to be having.

1. Any continuation bets I make, seem to be completely useless. At 3/6 if I missed a flop I raised, 90% of the time I'd pop a continuation bet out there(think missed AK). If they completely missed the board, they'd fold. In 1/2..they stay in with any two cards. Doesn't matter what. Then if I miss the turn....???

2. I'm also having alot of trouble playing mid pairs. In LP's, I raise these just like most SH players do. But once again, because players don't seem to fold cards over a 9, until the river, it seems I am almost always drawing to two outs. I find it very difficult to put players on hands, because I just don't understand their mindset...ya know...other than they really suck.

I don't really think the problems lies in my hand selection. I'm your typical 25/17. I guess I could be running a little bad, but nothing significant.

Those of you who I've seen post that this game is extremely beatable, what adjustments to your game must be made?

Matty
08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
It's not that hard. I used to 6-table it while watching TV and playing other computer games for a healthy winrate. Don't even bother trying to steal blinds- don't semi-bluff (they'll give you free cards no matter what you do) and don't worry too much about folding your second pair to a passive player.

My stats from the last month I played: 20VPIP, 14PFR, 31WTSD, 59W$SD, 30Att. steal blinds, 2.7 BB/100 over about 40k hands.

Obviously it's beatable for much more.

ghostface
08-13-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My stats from the last month I played: 20VPIP, 14PFR, 31WTSD, 59W$SD, 30Att. steal blinds, 2.7 BB/100 over about 40k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold the river too much.

aslowjoe
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
2000 hands is nothing. Variance is bigger in a game like this, where you see more players calling a lot with the hope of spiking pairs. You will eventually make more money from these players but the short term can be frustrating. The only thing you should change about your game is maybe don't semi bluff quite as much.

Matty
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold the river too much.

[/ QUOTE ]No [censored]? You read the part about 6-tabling and watching TV right?