PDA

View Full Version : calling down

Kimpan
08-13-2005, 06:29 AM
BB is TAG others LP
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Jgents
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Yes.

Poldi
08-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Sure looks like someone made a straight with 2 players coldcalling on the flop. My bet would be on MP going for overcalls when the players are decent.

I think you have to fold the turn although its closer as you close the action. You cant like your hand much anymore after the flop but it was enough to peel one off.
The turn is far from a blank. With 2 players coldcalling the flop without a possible flush draw, they either have top pair or a straight draw (or pair + inside draw). The 9 helped a lot of these hands.
Most of the time you have to improve to win but your outs must be discounted. A 8 puts 4 to a straight on the board, given the flop action they are almost no good at all (the 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif also puts a 3flush no board).
With a Jack you might still lose to a bigger jack like JT.
You also have an inside straight draw but its the lower end so you will lose more money to any king when you hit it.
I think the turn is a clear fold.

Kimpan
08-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I should have mentioned that they are very loose..I mean donks..
VPIP of 70 and 60 and a agg of 0.6 on the other two players..
is it still a fold?
I agree with you, the coldcall is scary, but I couldn't but these 2 on any type of hand here..

Jgents
08-13-2005, 07:15 AM
I agree that the turn call is close, but 9-1 closing the action when you may have the best hand and be still drawing live if you're behind is an easy call for me.

13-1 on the river is an easy call. You'll win here better than 7%.

Poldi
08-13-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should have mentioned that they are very loose..I mean donks..
VPIP of 70 and 60 and a agg of 0.6 on the other two players..
is it still a fold?
I agree with you, the coldcall is scary, but I couldn't but these 2 on any type of hand here..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Even when they call with all sorts of crap, you will pretty much never have the best hand after the flop and the turn only make things worse.
You cant be sure that any of your outs are good so you also wont be able to extract more when you hit (maybe with a Jack).
Can you really like your hand that much on the river with 3 other players in the pot and a 4straight on board although you improved?