PDA

View Full Version : 10 K Hands and No Profit?

DaveduFresne
08-13-2005, 06:22 AM
I've seen a lot of good posts on this in the limit forum, not so much about no limit, seems to me maybe limit is more mathematically quantifiable.

I had a run like this when I was playing higher stakes than I currently am, but I don't think it compares to this run because I think I was a bit over my head, plus that limit is very rockish.

I'm in my comfort zone at low stakes no limit, seems play has improved a little at my site, but not enough to explain this run. In the past, I rarely had even a down day at this limit, and two down days was unusual.

Since November, I've had a profit at this limit every week I've played it...now suddenly two weeks and I'm up literally ten dollars, plus whatever rakeback I may be earning.

The site I'm on doesn't work with pokertracker, but here's some stats that the site keeps:

No of games won: 9%
Showdowns Won: 59%
Flops Seen: 23%
Win % of flops seen: 30%

Your Actions:

Fold: 57%
Check: 20%
Call: 13%
Bet: 5%
Raise: 3%
Reraise 0% (I do reraise but I guess I have so many hands accounted for it doesn't show up.)

Where you fold:

Preflop: 74%
Flop: 9%
Turn: 2%
River: 1%

Don't know if these stats will help anyone see any possible leaks, but if you think you see something let me know.

Also is 10k hands a significant period of time in NL? Perhaps I've just been very fortunate over the last 9 months never to encounter a streak like this before....thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help,

David

Dommer
08-13-2005, 06:42 AM
At the lower limit NL its possible to be down or even after 10k hands but very unlikely. Most likely is that you made some clear errors... tough to say without seeing some actual hands.