PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006

lastsamurai
08-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Did anybody get it? Is it worth shelling out $45?

Mike Gallo
08-13-2005, 08:58 AM
I picked it up Tuesday, and have not adjusted to it yet.

They made the passing game much more difficult.

touchfaith
08-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Ok...I'm not too proud to ask...

How the [censored] do I call a fair catch?!?!?

I haven't played in over a year and dug out 05' a few nights ago...

7-0 until my punt returner (who will remain nameless to protect his family) decided to fumble 4 consecutive punt returns under preasure...virtual little [censored] piece of crap.

PC, 10-button gamepad, default config

thanks...

IggyWH
08-13-2005, 11:54 AM
I hate Madden... sad the NFL sold out, especially when NFL2k5 was such a great game last year.

Davey
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Im a big fan of Madden. I buy it every year and play it a lot. The only thing I dont like about this years is that it sucks on my playstation. It literally freezes after every play for 3-4 seconds. It can get in a rythm and go a few plays without but then it will freeze again. Very aggravating. But the actual game I still like. Once you get used to moving the passing zone around you should be fine. And the truck stick is fun for RB's.
So if you have a newer playstation, or another system I would get it. If not then I would rent it first.

UncleRemus
08-13-2005, 01:15 PM
I second pretty much all of this. I switched over to Xbox this year because of the changes on offense, and didn't have too hard of a time adjusting. And no freezing problems here...

As far as getting used to the passing changes, pick a team with a QB that has a high AWR to practice with for a while. You'll get the hang of it, the learning curve isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The only thing I don't like is some of the changes to defense. I've always enjoyed defense more than offense, but I do quite a bit of micromanaging. I rely on my defense doing exactly what they tell them to do, but they dumbed it down a bit this year. I've got guys running around covering the flats without giving them commands to, etc.. Having a real hard time getting user picks this year. At least offense is more fun though, makes up for it.

All in all, easily worth $50 (then again I'd probably pay $200 for the thing as it's the only video game I play)