PDA

View Full Version : HU against a gambler

silkyslim
08-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Villian is a horrible poker player. 77.5/13.09/0.87 after 200 hands. Calls with anything pf no matter how many bets to him. Calls the flop with anything. Donkbets turns with marginal UI hands. Goes to showdown half the time. Is this calldown the right move or should I have raised/folded somewhere. I think its all really close

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

silkyslim
08-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Also, anyone not sleeping and want to talk poker on AIM?

irishpint
08-13-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

espezial

irishpint
08-13-2005, 05:43 AM
as far as the hand, i think it's fine. I'm not raising the river, i'd like to show it down. And I am not folding against a maniac anywhere else.

macdaddy991
08-13-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

macdaddy991

Fantam
08-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Given your description of UTG, I think that you were correct to call his flop 3-bet with TPGK and his turn bet with possibly still the best hand and 2 outs to a Q high boat.

However despite UTG calling on nearly all flops, this flop is draw heavy and the turn card made it even worse. Also UTG is betting throughout this hand as opposed to calling, which makes it more likely that he made a hand.

I think the decision as to whether to call UTG's river bet is the toughest, as I suspect that you are almost certainly beaten by a flush, straight or trips.

Nonetheless, the pot is big and its possible that you could have the best hand. You only need to win this pot about 7.5% of the time for it to be profitable, so I would call the river.

I dont think that your hand was strong enough to put any more raises than you did in during the hand. So I would have played this hand the same way that you did.

Watain
08-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Grunch:

The 3-bet on the flop, shows that he is not afraid of the queen. If he had a-q he should have raised pre-flop, according to his stats. So it looks like 2 pairs... Which is reinforced by the turn bet. He could even have hit a full house.

On the turn you are proberbly behind and have 2 outs for the q and lets say 2 for the k. You need 10:1 to call the turn and it should be breakeven with the implied odds.

River &gt;&gt; No way im laying this down but im not raising it either.

So, i would have played it the same.

(the 2 outs for the K is a bit generous. But lets say it also contains the chance that he have something stupid like pocket pairs that didīnt set up, usw.)

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I like it.

Against this guy, there's no way I would consider any plan that doesn't involve going to showdown.

-Craig

Chris Daddy Cool
08-13-2005, 10:18 AM
against this guy, no folding allowed.

NobodysFreak
08-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Grunching...

If he's as a big a maniac as you say, cap the flop, raise the turn. My reason for doing this would be that you have position on him and he could be betting something like a weak jack or TPWK. He only called PF so his hand probably isn't that great. What I would be asking myself on the flop is questions about whether or not this player would be so aggressive with anything less than top pair. I don't think its out of the question that he has TPWK in which case you would have him dominated. I'd raise the turn, call if 3-bet and call a river bet.