PDA

View Full Version : 2nd nut flush on double-paired board HU????

Burdzthewurd
08-13-2005, 04:42 AM
BB is very capable of check/calling down with just middle pair, somewhat ignorant of draws getting there. Am I pushing the river or does anyone think checking to induce a bluff or bet from worse hand is ok? Anyone just fold? Really? Aye-yi-yi.

Pot-limit Omaha Hi $10+$1 SNG (real money)

Seat 1: SB ($9,310 in chips)
Seat 4: Hero [3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($5,690 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
SB calls $300, Hero checks.

FLOP [board cards 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero bets $700, SB calls $700.

TURN [J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero bets $1,300, SB calls $1,300.

RIVER [Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero...

autobet
08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Trying to induce a bluff seems like a good play here. Your opp is most likely on a straight and/or diamond draw.

mshalen
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. What are the options?
Don't forget at this point you could be playing for all your chips.

1. You check.

A)If he didn't hit with the river card then a)he will check or b) may bluff at the pot. Has he bluffed before? In a sng, at this point, you've played with him for about 45-60 minutes. What has he done in the past?

B)If he did catch a hand he will bet. How do you tell the difference between a value bet and a bluff bet? If he bets do you call, fold, raise?

2. You bet.

A) If he has what he believes is the best hand he will call or fold or raise. What will you do if he raises?

B) He doesn't have a hand and folds.

At this point in a sng I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer. If I correctly remember the stack and pot sizes you are pretty much pot committed at this point so why not push and see what happens.

mshalen
08-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I just went back and relooked at the original post. When you reach the river you only have about 3400 left. With the blinds at 300/600 you only have enough chips to see three more rounds and with the table short seated that means you only will see a few hands.

According to my understanding of Harrington you should just push and whatever happens happens. By betting the 1300 on the turn you have already bet about 40% of your stack and you only have enough for a bet of about 50% of the pot. So now it really doen't matter what hands either of you hold.