PDA

View Full Version : just want to say

joker122
08-13-2005, 03:32 AM
i played really well tonight and lost 110BB.

and i'm ok with that.

i'm going to go cry myself to sleep. good night

kurosh
08-13-2005, 03:37 AM
hey, me too. yay

Stinkybeaver
08-13-2005, 05:17 AM
I just want to say that ever since I've started out on 6max I've been struggling to come out of my downs.

after plus 50BB I hit a down of 180BB after 2,5K hands. At 6K hands I was back... After 10K I'm down with another 180BB.

I've had a couple of good players look at my stats and they say I'm playing ok.

Could this be just running real cold. I mean I've lost count over how many times my str8 gets [censored] by a flush and my sets not holding up. These big hands will really hurt you in the long run.

But I'm also starting to think that I might not have the skill to play 3/6 6max just yet.

yanicehand
08-13-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i played really well tonight and lost 110BB.

and i'm ok with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there. A lot. It's important that you are ok with that. Just keep thinking "long run."

Victor
08-13-2005, 05:40 AM
i lost a 27bb pot to a 2 outer. i dont feel good about it and i want to blame somebody.

Jgents
08-13-2005, 05:42 AM
You can run bad and run bad for a long time. Last month, I went on my biggest downswing in a year after turning pro: -330BB over 9k hands. This was then followed by a 277+BB upswing over the next 10k hands, quickly followed by -287BB downswing over the next 3k hands, followed by a +235BB upswing over the next 5k hands. So I actually finished the month down -110BB after 27k hands, my first losing month ever. When you're running bad, you're running bad. And the experience is beyond words. This was all while playing 5/10 6-max & full, and 10/20 6-max.

Now thankfully I'm out of the abyss and things are running smooth again (as smooth as they can run in poker). But damn did July sux.

*Fixed the month to read correctly as July.

Stinkybeaver
08-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Wow thats real crazy with them swings Jgents.

That has got to be the single most annoying part of playing poker. When you step up and decide to take a shot at a new limit and new game full/6max and it all starts out with insane swings so you don't really have a clue wether you are a winning player on this level or not.

As said I'm at 10K now and have long forgotten how it is to run good. therefor I've decided not too give in before my bankroll tells me theres no other way. I still have the 500BB for 3/6 even though I'm down some so I guess I shouldn't worry and just focus on playing my a game.

I strongly believe that I should be a winner in this game in the long run but my doubts are starting to get on my nerve.

All in all I guess there ain't much to say after 10K hands.

Jgents
08-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Not much to say at all after 10k hands. I understand that starting a new limit while running bad can be very frustrating and can impact your confience a bit, but, if you have the roll and you know you are still playing solid poker, you should stick it out because the bad streak will eventually end. Running bad happens, no one is immuned to it if they play long enough. Going through something like this also prepares you psychologically for future occurrences of bad streaks and breakeven periods, which can last for a very long time (20k+ hands).

6-max is a completely diff. beast than full, and while my swings were of the extreme sort, swings like +50BB, -75BB, +120BB, -90BB within short amount of hands are to be expected and occur frequently in this game. You will have to get used to them, and the way you get used to them is by playing through them while still bringing forth your A game.

Stinkybeaver
08-13-2005, 09:12 AM
The things you mention is excactly why I haven't left 6max yet. I want to learn adn need to learn this if I wanna improve on my game. Also as you mention if I can manage to get trough this, it will make me stand so much stronger whenever I'm running bad again. Going back down will reverse all these and make me feel inconfident in my game etc.

I think I'll try and play only two tables at a time and maybe try and post hands inhere. Haven't really posted anything mostly I'm just reading the forums.