PDA

View Full Version : 5-Card Draw: 3-bet or call with big trips?

Burdzthewurd
08-13-2005, 02:27 AM
BB is very loose-passive pre-draw, limps with any flush draw, any medium pair of shorts or higher, I've only seen him raise pre-draw once with two big pair. He's only bet out post-draw with complete hands, and does not bluff.

Five Card Draw $2-$4 (real money)

Seat 2: SB ($55.75 in chips)
Seat 8: BB ($173 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero [8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,10 /images/graemlins/club.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif,2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/club.gif] ($90 in chips)
Seat 10: Button ($79.25 in chips)

PRE-DRAW
Hero bets $4, Button folds, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.

DRAW
SB changes 2 cards, BB changes 3 cards, Hero changes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Hero changes 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif for 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Burdamania changes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

POST-DRAW
SB checks, BB bets $4, Hero?

Biggle10
08-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Reads would help. If he's a passive player, I'm probably just calling here. If he frequently donk bets after the draw, I'm raising.

Moneyline
08-15-2005, 02:12 AM
I think this is an easy raise. Since your opponent is very loose I think you can be sure that most of the time she isn't calling you before the draw with a better pair. Given your read, I think you can be fairly certain she improved, but I think it's unlikely she improved to a better hand than trip queens. Most of the time she'll have 2 pair, and when she does have trips it will usually be lower than yours because of her relaxed hand requirements before the draw.

Just my opinion...

twankerr
08-15-2005, 03:11 AM
The only 3-card draws you are really behind were AA and KK that hit trips. Raise.

DOMIT
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I agree with others that this is a raise. You'll be 2-betting and worst that can happen is that he reraises, then you'll really have to make a decision (although, I'd still call a reraise, but not cap if he's willing to 3-bet..I'd be more comfortable capping if I mucked an A or K or both).

Unless you know that this person would only call a raise with QQ or > in the blind would you not raise. BUT, you stated that he'll limp with shorts.. so he could have any pair. You have a strong set, of which only 2 others beat you; IMHO.. I'd raise.

PS: actually, worst is that SB check-raises and BB capps.. could be against a boat on SB if he filled, or possibly AAK or KKA that hit his trips.. then would really be read dependant.. although if you did raise (2-bet it), pot odds would pretty much dictate a call (barring reads that SB or BB is definitely beating you).

Tilt
08-18-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy raise.

[/ QUOTE ]