PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair Faces Aggression, 2 hands

Stork
08-13-2005, 01:31 AM
I don't really like what I ended up doing in this hand.

2/4, 7 or 8 handed. I have T8o in the SB and complete after a couple limpers. BB checks.

Flop comes down 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, I am spadeless. I lead out. BB raises and it's folded around to me. I call planning to lead out on a non spade non ace turn card.

The turn is the J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, UTG raises. I...
----

Second hand: Same table as before, different villain.

A couple people limp in and I check in the BB with Q4o.

Flop comes Q J 5 rainbow. I check, next guy checks, someone in MLP bets. Folded to me, I raise and we go to the turn heads up.

Turn card is a 3, completing the rainbow. I bet, he calls.

River is a 2. I bet, he raises. I...

tyler_cracker
08-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Hand 1: BB has raised you twice on a draw heavy board. Even if you're good now, if any 7, 5, 2, or spade comes off, you are living in fear. I think you can fold here getting only ~7:1 (and having to call more bets to show down what is now second pair). Do you have a read on BB?

Hand 2: I don't think you're good very often, but i don't really see how you can fold here getting ~9:1.

Stork
08-13-2005, 02:56 AM
I agree I should've folded hand one unless I knew BB to be tricky. I figured maybe he was semi-bluffing a straight/flush draw, but I really didn't have the odds to call down if I put him on a hand range. Of course, I did anyways like a total fish and he showed K8o to take it.

Hand two, I think I should've folded this one as well, but curiosity got the better of me. What am I beating here? The board is pretty much drawless and I shouldn't be giving villain enough credit to be able to bluff-raise the river on this board after I've shown nothing but strength. I can't even beat top pair. Anyway villain showed J2o for the riverd two pair. I was mad at myself after calling both these down, I know I can do better. Thanks for the reply.

Stork
08-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Can't edit now but I've changed my mind on hand two. I think I'm up against a dumb bluff or AJ or something often enough to justify calling the river raise.