PDA

View Full Version : NLHE Tourney Situation

Azad
03-26-2003, 12:32 AM
This happened a while back but I am still not convinced about the correct decision after discussing it with many people.

Foxwoods NLHE Tuesday night. I have logged many hours in 15-30 and 20-40 HE games over the last few years but this is my second NLHE tourney ever.

Blinds 15-25. UTG raises to 75. All fold to me 2 off the button. I have T800 and find AK. I make it 300. Cut-off now goes all-in T680. Everyone folds including the original UTG raiser. However, as he is folding one of his cards is exposed: it is a King. What is the right play on my part: call or fold.

Brief summary of opponents. UTG raiser is loose and mucked immediately so I can exclude hands like AK or KK (i.e. he is not negating any more of my outs). Cut-off all-in raiser in an AC player who was bragging prior to this what a great NLHE player he was and to his credit he has a won a few reasonable-sized events (and I did see his picture twice in Cardplayer winning some NLHE events)

All responses appreciated

Greg (FossilMan)
03-26-2003, 12:27 PM
T380 to call, T1095 in the pot, pretty close to 3:1. Unless he has AA, you've got pot odds to call, and if he has an underpair, even with one K dead, you're only about a 60:40 dog. Being as how you're likely getting 3:1 on a 3:2 shot, it seems like a pretty automatic call to me. I'd have to be giving him at least 1 chance in 3 of having AA before I would fold.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

ohkanada
03-26-2003, 12:29 PM
If I read correctly, there is 1100 in the pot and you need to add 380. Seems that he would re-raise with AA/KK/QQ/AK and possibly a few others. The likelyhood of KK is obviously unlikely. QQ seems the most likely. I would call.

I think you could have made it 200 instead of 300.

Ken Poklitar