PDA

View Full Version : Notes on Players

yabastid
08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
So I've been taking notes on players as much as possible for the last couple of months (primarily at the 22s)and I can't remember the last time I've played with a player I have a previous note on. Are there that many people playing the 22s or am I losing my notes? This seems weird.

yabastid

WarDekar
08-13-2005, 12:22 AM
What kind of notes are you making? If you make notes about bad players, I think your answer is clear. If you're making notes about good players, I see the same guys relatively often because of the volume I play, I don't write notes but I remember for the most part.

yabastid
08-13-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of notes are you making? If you make notes about bad players, I think your answer is clear. If you're making notes about good players, I see the same guys relatively often because of the volume I play, I don't write notes but I remember for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

95% Bad Players. . . hmm.

fluorescenthippo
08-13-2005, 02:01 AM
there are that many players at the 22s. my massive amount of notes is only helping now at the 55s.

08-13-2005, 02:17 AM
There are a lot of new ppl that join each day and flood some of the mid buy-in tournies, so you may not run into the same ppl very often. Some players may have moved up or down in accordance with the rise and fall of their bankrolls as well.

The Don
08-13-2005, 02:25 AM
After 1600 $22s there are probably only 20 or so players that I have played with in over 20 games (these are the only players where I actually note tendencies). Most are horrible players that are single tabling and playing for fun. There are a ton of players that I have played with 5-10 times though and I just have them noted as "suspected 2+2er" or "solid player" (assuming they are that is). I loosen my call standards a bit and try to sit to their right. Also I become far more suspicious if they start to get aggressive early game.

eastbay
08-13-2005, 02:35 AM
My general feeling is that notes are a waste of time through $55, and become valuable at $109 and presumably even more so at $215, although I don't play there.

eastbay

ilya
08-13-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My general feeling is that notes are a waste of time through $55, and become valuable at $109 and presumably even more so at $215, although I don't play there.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, for me at least they are useful. I have a hard time remembering the tendencies of 36 players for an hour, so it helps to have jotted down something come level 4.

eastbay
08-13-2005, 02:52 AM
You use them _within_ one game? That never even occurred to me. To each his own.

eastbay

Mr_J
08-13-2005, 03:13 AM
"and try to sit to their right"

I couldn't even think of doing this, the tables just fill up so quickly I fire in the general direction of the corner I want (yeh I try to sit in the corners /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Nottom
08-13-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree. In my exp at the lower limits I didn't see enough repeat opponents to make notetaking particularyl useful. At the 100s its not uncommon to sit at a table with 5+ familiar names.

ilya
08-13-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You use them _within_ one game? That never even occurred to me. To each his own.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wish I had a better memory.

Ryendal
08-13-2005, 11:49 PM
I am really interested by what type of note you take.
Do you write something like " He called me with XX at blind XX etc, vrey hard to describe all the situation "

How do you simplify your note ? What is useful ?

Bonafone
08-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I use a very simple strategy for taking notes:

1. Multi-tabler (whenever i see a name on more than 1 table)

2. Donk, followed by a brief note of what category they fall in.

a) bluffer or b?) caller

3. AVOID

Ryendal
08-14-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Multi-tabler (whenever i see a name on more than 1 table)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is so obvious, now you tell it !

[ QUOTE ]
2. Donk, followed by a brief note of what category they fall in.

a) bluffer or b?) caller

3. AVOID

[/ QUOTE ]

It really ok for me.

for the bluffer and caller note. At which point do you put on them a note ? because it's so relative