PDA

View Full Version : AA in a monster pot, - rainbow/safe flop

paperboyNC
08-13-2005, 12:14 AM
I am playing at midnight on a loose passive player filled with losing players (according to data mining). Suddenly, this hand comes out of nowhere.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>.

We have a $120 pot and we haven't hit the turn yet. What's my line here? What can these people have????

I can't find a fold here, but have a really hard time putting my opponents all hands that can call on this rainbow flop.

bweiser8311962
08-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Odds are you're up against a set and KK or QQ.

crunchy1
08-13-2005, 12:26 AM
It's 3SBs back to you, getting just over 12-to-1 on the flop, against 4 passive opponents who are raising and capping. I can find a fold here. If you're continuing I'd be much more worried about BB/UTG than the Button/SB.

paperboyNC
08-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero ?

So the BB finally folds. But nothing has really changed. If I thought I was good on the flop, I am still good right? Or do I now know how serious they are about this hand?

crunchy1
08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Either you're reads of these guys as passive REALLY sucks... or they've got some monster hands. What's happening here on the turn is what I would've feared before I folded on the flop. There's probably (against players of your reads) a very slim chance that you're ahead here. There's a very good chance, IMO, that you're drawing to 2 outs. Because of the number of bets you're going to have to put in on the subsequent BB streets, I don't think you should've continued past the flop.