PDA

View Full Version : How long do you play online at a time?

TobDog
03-26-2003, 12:25 AM
I know this is a question more dependant to the individual, but how long do you play online at one time without a break? I normally play at B&M for 4-6 hours, but at home online, I find that more hands are being played per hour and it can be distracting if outside things are going on.
Do you guys set a time or just watch the game conditions, and do you have a max 'sit time' before getting some rest.

Thanks everyone

Tobdog

Jeff V
03-26-2003, 02:32 AM
I play about the same at B&M but only about 1-2hrs per session online. Not only because of more hands per hr, but after about 1.5 hrs eyestrain, and actually a little boredom set in. Jeff

Bob T.
03-26-2003, 05:11 AM
My usual sessions are 1-2 hours, and then I will take a break. If I make a couple of mistakes that really annoy me, then I call it break time. Sometimes, if the game is good, and I am playing well I will play several hours, if I want to keep my seat in the game I am in.

I play much longer when I am in a B&M game.

ZManODS
03-26-2003, 09:23 AM

TobDog
03-26-2003, 10:29 AM

davidross
03-26-2003, 10:41 AM
I can play up to 6 hours on two tables, but it has taken me a year of playing almost every night to work up to that. I usually play 3-4 hours.

Homer
03-26-2003, 11:39 AM
I used to play as long as 6-7 hours straight, but now I usually limit myself to 3 hours tops. I tend to get tired more quickly playing online because I play two tables at once and the computer really strains my eyes. Playing two games for 3 hours online is about the same as playing 8-9 hours in a B&M game, which coincidentally is about my limit when playing live.

-- Homer

Rockfish
03-26-2003, 01:25 PM
1-2 hours at a time. That's all I have time for usually in the evenings.

I find I do better if I do set a quitting time, and most often when I don't I end up playing less well than if I limit myself. I wonder why.

Rockfish

mrbaseball
03-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Typically I will only play 30 to 60 minutes at a time. That varies though and I'll play longer on weekends or if the game is too good to leave. This is one of the things I really like about online poker. I can play for a half an hour then go do something else, come back an hour later and play for 20 minutes etc etc etc. It seems to always be there. A game that is. And it's just a click away. I don't play in off off off hours though so I am unaware if the action is any good then but primetime and weekends are always action packed.

Barry
03-26-2003, 03:14 PM
I normally use a laptop and I play for 4 to 5 hours at a time. I only play 1 table and also try to do something else. Either watch cable news or, if I hook my laptop up to my home monitor and use 2 screens, do work or other internet usage (2+2 is a good thing to review) to keep boredom or tunnel vision setting in.