PDA

View Full Version : LAG post in response to flynn's challenge

aggie
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
5-5 NL

2 limpers, button ($1300) opens for 30, i (6k) call from BB with 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Both limpers call.

Botton is a tight / bad player who's not usually very creative. I have a fairly tight image.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, check, check, button bets $50 which i interpret as weakness. I raise to $175, fold, fold, button reraises to $375. Now I think he's got an overpair so i move allin....He calls quickly with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and i hit running hearts to win the hand

technologic
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
you suck out g00t

gol4pro
08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
uuuhhhh.... when he 3-bets your ass, it's time to fold. I'm really not too much against the check raise if you think you can get a fold a good amount of the time, but when he 3-bets your ass, it's time to give him credit for a 6, and cut your losses.

This is just chip spewing.

aggie
08-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I did not think he had a 6....

captZEEbo1
08-12-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not think he had a 6....

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares, he already invested enough in the pot that he was not folding. So you were either value betting your hand, or paying off another hand.

Also, people stop posting results in threads. It really messes up replies.

Matt Flynn
08-12-2005, 11:28 PM
uh, about the definition of "LAG...." ;-)

Mainly what I was thinking about was selective aggression, particularly playing harder at more pots to take a few extra down and encourage calls when you do have it. Things like when to call the flop with nothing but position so you can bet or raise the turn on a pure bluff. That is LAG but can be effective / mathematically correct against the right players.

Matt

aggie
08-12-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who cares, he already invested enough in the pot that he was not folding. So you were either value betting your hand, or paying off another hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you can make this kind of statement knowing absolutely nothing about the villian in question.

I do stuff like this fairly infrequently and almost never get caught. As a matter of fact, i get caught so infrequently that i'm pretty sure that i should be making these types of plays more often.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't really meant to be an educational post...I just thought it was kinda funna.

aggie
08-12-2005, 11:32 PM
LOL...yea, i knew what you meant....Your post just reminded me about that hand and i thought it was pretty funny so i posted it.

mgsimpleton
08-12-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL...yea, i knew what you meant....Your post just reminded me about that hand and i thought it was pretty funny so i posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you were WRONG. (jk?)

Chaostracize
08-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Way to be a dick, Fslexcduck.

PassiveCaller
08-13-2005, 01:04 AM
He said jk, meaning he was a dick then wussed out of being a dick. Real dicks go all in.

starvs
08-13-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He said jk, meaning he was a dick then wussed out of being a dick. Real dicks go all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

and catch runner hearts...

captZEEbo1
08-13-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you can make this kind of statement knowing absolutely nothing about the villian in question.

I do stuff like this fairly infrequently and almost never get caught. As a matter of fact, i get caught so infrequently that i'm pretty sure that i should be making these types of plays more often.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't really meant to be an educational post...I just thought it was kinda funna.

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly 4-bet bluff with reasonable success? I've almost NEVER gotten away with it, so I stopped trying early on. I've only 4-bet bluffed vs certain opponents who I've seen do 3-bet bluffs more than once.

My original statement was phrased poorly. I didn't mean he 100% wouldn't call, what I should have said was "After investing that much money, I would assume there is a reasonable chance your opponent is married to his hand, even if it's overpair 99".

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 01:30 AM
he is a she

kagame
08-13-2005, 01:37 AM
ha ha

hillarious play!

bet villain cracked up to see you run that off, i always do

aggie
08-13-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that the person you are talking about is a he? Food for thought

aggie
08-13-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ha ha

hillarious play!

bet villain cracked up to see you run that off, i always do

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea....this was a kid who could not afford to play in this game....He was a redsox fan...I'm a yankees fan...He got up from the table saying "f'in yankees fan".....Two minutes later he was spotted in the bathroom hitting the wall....The wall was bloddly when i went and looked....I have not laughed so hard in a long time

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
haha thats hilarious

thabadguy
08-13-2005, 02:11 AM
I dont think even i would pull something like this...
oh wait he was a Red Sox fan...then i might.

LearnedfromTV
08-13-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Real dicks go all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she said.

edge
08-13-2005, 03:22 AM
I don't know; I like this hand. I probably play it like this at least some of the time, and I'd do it with any two of course.

mikech
08-13-2005, 03:24 AM
aggie, pardon me for being blunt, but this is a useless post. let's see, if someone had come here and posted "i raised 65s on the button to mix things up, saw a miracle flop of 662r, we got all the money in on the flop and villain went runner-runner to make a flush with deuce-four-suited. what could i have done differently?? help!!!" that guy would've been berated and ridiculed for his bad-beat post. you deserve the same reception for this pointless suck-out post.

this is the kind of stuff that had diablo telling you a month ago or so that you were wasting his time.

PassiveCaller
08-13-2005, 03:24 AM
More like.. nothing made me consider to vary from the default (just because obviously there's a significantly higher percentage of male posters), nor did I care very much. No disrespect intended to her, obviously!

mgsimpleton
08-13-2005, 03:25 AM
biotch. (jk?)

PassiveCaller
08-13-2005, 03:29 AM
I think I've earned the ?.

aggie
08-13-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is the kind of stuff that had diablo telling you a month ago or so that you were wasting his time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess....I thought it was pretty amusing...Was you're response so clever...Did you add value to the forum...I posted this hand because i figuered a ton of people would tell me how bad of a play i made...

It's always amazing how many people can form judgements based upon a villian they do not know. diablo, I'm sorry if you're offended by this post. No disrespect intended.

mikech
08-13-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess....I thought it was pretty amusing...Was you're response so clever...Did you add value to the forum...I posted this hand because i figuered a ton of people would tell me how bad of a play i made...

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm just taking a swipe at you cuz you're a damn yankee fan. let's go mets!

aggie
08-13-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm just taking a swipe at you cuz you're a damn yankee fan. let's go mets!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Met's fan....Let me give y'all some advice. Let's try not to run into eachother....Let's call the ball. No need to see who has the harder head!

fimbulwinter
08-13-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5-5 NL

2 limpers, button ($1300) opens for 30, i (6k) call from BB with 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Both limpers call.

Botton is a tight / bad player who's not usually very creative. I have a fairly tight image.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, check, check, button bets $50 which i interpret as weakness. I raise to $175, fold, fold, button reraises to $375. Now I think he's got an overpair so i move allin....He calls quickly with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and i hit running hearts to win the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

are you proud of how you played this hand?

fim

Matt Flynn
08-13-2005, 09:43 AM
what exactly is a "yankee" by the way? sounds like a guy with a tiny pecker who jerks off too much. no offense to anyone present of course. just curious.

aggie
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you proud of how you played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have been more proud if he showed me 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and folded

aggie
08-13-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly is a "yankee" by the way? sounds like a guy with a tiny pecker who jerks off too much. no offense to anyone present of course. just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my case, that's an amazingly accurate description! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kagame
08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
so basically you're proud you laid a heinous beat and upset someone so much they probably broke their hand on a bathroom wall

jerkoff, small prick, looking for attention, yep sounds about right

cant say this is a highpoint for you

Alexthegreat
08-13-2005, 03:53 PM
yeah, i wouldn't have laughed if someone had bloodied up a wall after a hand like this....

You may be a skilled poker player, but you sound like a jerk....

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldn't have friends at the poker table. it's the kid's fault for playing with more than he could stand to lose.

Alexthegreat
08-13-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldn't have friends at the poker table. it's the kid's fault for playing with more than he could stand to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say to be friends with him, but if someone jumps off a building because you gave them a bad beat, would you laugh?

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 04:19 PM
i think laughing about someone breaking their hand and laughing about someone killing themselves are a bit different.

one time i even laughed at myself after i lost a few thousand and hurt my hand by punching a wall. 2 months later my knuckle still hurts ... lol

Alexthegreat
08-13-2005, 04:26 PM
You are right, they are different, but they are similar concepts....

Laughing at yourself is totally different...

I mean, come on, you are saying it's okay to laugh at someone who hurts themselves after they take a bad beat, just because they are playing in a game they shouldn't be playing in??

Whatever, I guess you do your thing and I'll do mine...just doesn't seem very mature

aggie
08-13-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel better i did give the guy some fake sympathy...I said something to the effect of sorry even after he had called me an "f'in yankee game".....When he bloodied his hand on the wall i did LOL but that was not in front of him....If you don't think that's funnyl, you probably don't have much of a sence of humor

Alexthegreat
08-14-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel better i did give the guy some fake sympathy...I said something to the effect of sorry even after he had called me an "f'in yankee game".....When he bloodied his hand on the wall i did LOL but that was not in front of him....If you don't think that's funnyl, you probably don't have much of a sence of humor

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'd sure laugh if you busted your hand on a wall... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif