PDA

View Full Version : TTHE shorthanded and heads-up

jasonHoldEm
03-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone,

New pic, new quote...now that I'm a journeyman I figured it was time for a change. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I just ordered TTHE (I currently have the tournament version). I've read here already some of the limitations of the program, but I'm wondering how it holds up simulating short-handed and heads-up play. I'm not even positive you can do this (but I think you can). If anyone has used the program to practice these types of games what opponents do you suggest playing against, etc.

Thanks,
jHE

Easy E
03-26-2003, 10:22 AM
TTH can be set up to play both, and to test both, by just setting the number of players.
Turn all of the aggressiveness settings up high, for what I would assume is the normal live game you are facing.
I can't remember offhand which profiles are the tough/aggressive/looser ones, but I'd start with those, since they are the hardest in heads-up play to deal with live (at least, for me)

My advice would be to set up your own Profiles, so you can define their play as you experience it, and give them a broad range of hands to play with.
High speed testing will give you a longer-term view of the success or failure of certain strategies, as well.. will take some work to set up, though.

Lastly, keep your eyes open for ver 6, whenever Bob Wilson gets to it. I believe he's working on some improvements that should improve short-handed play..

jasonHoldEm
03-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks E,

Just installed it on my computer. Gonna take me a little while to figure everything out, but I see what you mean as far as adjusting the agressiveness, etc. More questions to come soon I'm sure.

peace,
jHE