PDA

View Full Version : limping from sb?

pokerjoker
08-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I have no idea how to play this....my current stratrgy is if im bored i call with any cards in the top 80% of hands...if im not bored maybe top 50%. I figure i could probably improve on this.... but i have never read anything about how to play here. comments?

davekngs
08-12-2005, 10:40 PM
i tend to loose more than I should from the SB. Ive improved lately by playing only connected cards, suited cards or the higher gap cards such as J9. However if its a hand where everyone feels like limping in ill call the BB pretty much any 2 cards. Try and avoid altering your PF play on the basis of being bored, sometimes you just got to be bored for a while

mustardo
08-12-2005, 10:50 PM
I prefer to limp connecting cards here rather than suited cards as it's easier to get away from top pair but it's all preference. However I don't think it's so important what you limp but being able to fold what you limp when you make a small piece of the flop. For example, J9 when the flop comes J high. If you can't fold hands like this, or people won't give you credit for it and play back at you then you shouldn't limp as much out of position.

kongo_totte
08-12-2005, 11:32 PM
The more limpers the looser the requirements. Here is my list in general (assume 2+ limpers):
A Xs, K Xs, SC:s, suited gappers, any two J or higher.

The more limpers, the more likely I am to complete with:
Q Xs, off-suit connectors and gappers.¨

As a previous poster said, 5+ limpers, I limp any 2.