PDA

View Full Version : Likely Bubble Leak ... What do you think?

TheSalche
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Playing $22 PP SnG last night and I burst out on the bubble when I had a decent chip stack going in. Big stack was an aggressive player, who would bet a lot into weakness, but wouldn't necessarily be willing to call lots of all in bets. Went into bubble with chip counts at 545, 1655, 1505, 4295 with blinds at 150/300. Small stack immediately doubled up, and I began playing pretty weak IMO. Here's some of the hands I gave up hoping that somebody else would bust. Unforunately the bigstack was the BB when I was SB so he was likely to call a decent range of hands, probably Ax+,22+, any two broadway cards

From BB: 8Jo, checked preflop, folded to flop bet when I didn't hit
78o folded to a call from bigstack and raise from SB
84o folded to raise
67o folded preflop
Pushed with K2 and BB folded
From SB: folded 7Jo (4 BBs behind with bigstack), 26o, 6Jo,

Other positions: Q5o, Q6o, 85o, 48s, 92o, K3 (UTG), Q2

I pushed with 99 from the BB and was folded to (right play?)
Pushed from button with 33
Pushed from button with A8o
Folded A7o to all ins from the two shorter stacks (one of them quickly doubled up when they were in the BB after that)

I lost when I pushed AKs UTG and BB called with 77

Wondering if I need to start just plain pushing and praying for a fold from the SB or button, or if the right thing to do was to try to play tight past the bubble?

bluefeet
08-12-2005, 10:32 PM
nothing real obvious jumps out at me, but it would def. help to have accurate chip counts and positions for each of these hands. such a fine line during the bubble...it's just impossible to give you 'good' or 'bad' on any of these with the info you've given. post a couple 'good push here?' individual hands....