PDA

View Full Version : Game theroy post "You play OESD, TP and Set the same!"

Percula
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I was watching one of the WSOP circuit events and a hand came up against "Sprit Rock" and Willaimson(??). Anyway Williamson was in LP or CO and raised ~3xBB with KQo, all fold to Sprit Rock with 88 who flat calls. Flop comes with Q8x, Sprit Rock leads out for a more less pot sized bet, williamson tanks and RR to the minimum amount, Sprit Rock pushes AI, Williamson tanks again and finally calls knowing he is beat.

After the showdown Williamson says to Sprit Rock something to the extent of "I had to call since you play an OESD, pair or bluff the same way".

So this had me thinking... Is this a +EV way to play? That is to ask, "Is playing your big(er) made hands the same as you would a semi-bluff or complete air a +EV way to play?"

mgsimpleton
08-12-2005, 09:50 PM
um... yes? have you ever read this forum, btw? if not, do a search for posts on... hmm... every single post, actually, i think this point comes up.

if you don't play things the same people will put you on a hand more easily and you won't get paid off like our brilliant rap star friend did in this situation.

Percula
08-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes I see it in the simplest of forms all the time, however I havent seen much actual talk about this way of playing, at least not in detail. OK let me restate that, I see lots of talk about a hand in question, I do not see posts about it from a metagame stand point and speaking of it in terms that do not relate to a hand someone posted about.

xorbie
08-12-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I see it in the simplest of forms all the time, however I havent seen much actual talk about this way of playing, at least not in detail. OK let me restate that, I see lots of talk about a hand in question, I do not see posts about it from a metagame stand point and speaking of it in terms that do not relate to a hand someone posted about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you see tons of posts like this. Any post where someone has a strong draw and 3-bets all in, and people say this is great if you also play the same with your sets, for example.