PDA

View Full Version : angry black white boy

Voltron87
08-12-2005, 09:43 PM
this book is excellent so far, i recommend it to everyone who reads books, especially those interested in hip hop and race politics.

anyone else read it?

beernutz
08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this book is excellent so far, i recommend it to everyone who reads books, especially those interested in hip hop and race politics.

anyone else read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please feel free to claw my eyes out with a garden trowel if I ever appear interested in a book on hip hop and race politics.

ZBTHorton
08-13-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyone else read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please feel free to claw my eyes out with a garden trowel if I ever appear interested in a book on hip hop and race politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

sublime
08-13-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyone else read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_anacardo
08-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Jesus Christ, it's Hater City around here.

I'd read it. I enjoy hip-hop and thoroughly world-weary w/ respect to race politics.

Voltron87
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
i reread this and i worded this post terribly.

the book is a novel, its not an academic text. its very well written and funny.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
bump

this book is fiction. not non fiction. i dont think i mentioned that in the original post.

ThaSaltCracka
08-17-2005, 08:58 PM
what is the story about?

Claunchy
08-17-2005, 09:00 PM
I read some reviews, looks pretty interesting.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 09:12 PM
its about this white kid from boston who is really into hip hop and hates white people. he considers himself black culturally, in terms of his politics and being into hip hop. he goes to college in new york city, rooms with a black kid, interesting stuff happens. theres a lot of hip hop content, and most of the book is centered on race relations, white kid feels guilty for other white people being racist, black kid thinks white kid is crazy, etc. the premise is a little weird and the storyline is a bit strange, but ive found it really well written and entertaining.

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its about this white kid from boston who is really into hip hop and hates white people. he considers himself black culturally, in terms of his politics and being into hip hop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prahlad Friedman?

ThaSaltCracka
so basically the white kid is a wigger?

Yeti
On a serious note, the above sentence I quoted makes me want to never ever read that book. Ever.

sublime
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and im gonna guess he got his ass kicked from other white kids who thought he was an idiot, hence not liking them.

Vince Young
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its about this white kid from boston who is really into hip hop and hates white people. he considers himself black culturally, in terms of his politics and being into hip hop. he goes to college in new york city, rooms with a black kid, interesting stuff happens. theres a lot of hip hop content, and most of the book is centered on race relations, white kid feels guilty for other white people being racist, black kid thinks white kid is crazy, etc. the premise is a little weird and the storyline is a bit strange, but ive found it really well written and entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds worse than an academic text on hip hop and race politics.

ThaSaltCracka
08-17-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sort of. he identifies with black people, or thinks he does. but you get the impression from the book that hes not the kind who says "yoyoyo wasssup my dogg" and wears do rags.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the books really good. thats my opinion. but im sure you know how good it is already.