PDA

View Full Version : Slow play ettique

Blanton13
08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
I won't get into blow by blow details of the hand. But here's what happened....$50 SNG, 3rd hand of tourny. I've got KK in the SB.
Flop is K52
Turn is a 6
River is an 8

On the flop I didn't want to chase anyone away, so I checked it. Player in last position did the raising for me. There were 3 of us in the hand and the player in the last position was the one betting the whole time. Finally going all-in on the river with both of us calling him.

I hit the trips on the flop, the middle player hit trip 5's on the flop. The guy betting went runner runner to make two pair.

Then he remains in the room having nothing but affirming and supportive words about my play. Commenting on the size of my kiester and apparent lack of manhood.

I've always thought that poker was about winning the most money. Period. Even if that means slow playing or bluffing. Am I wrong? Has the influx of players who play with what appears to be no common sense brought, about a reinasance of poker etiquette?

dhaimon
08-12-2005, 09:08 PM
well played. turn off chat.

Stork
08-12-2005, 10:51 PM
If this isn't rhetorical, you need some serious help. If it is, you really shouldn't have posted it.

08-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Damn, in almost every post I read, someone gets shot down.

Tough crowd, however quite entertaining. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

smb394
08-13-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, in almost every post I read, someone gets shot down.

Tough crowd, however quite entertaining. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't shoot you down now, did we? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChuckyB
08-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Slowly count his money in the chat box...50, 100, 150, 200.

Who gives a crap what he thinks. You made a legit/good play, he's a moron, and what's more HE HAS NO CHIPS! No chips, no chat.

08-13-2005, 07:53 AM
If someone isn't calling me every name in the book, I know I'm not playing to my potential. Come up with a few funny comebacks (When they scream "F--- YOU!", simply reply, "I just DID /images/graemlins/smile.gif" ), and then just let them rant. It means all is right with the world and your game.

nmt09
08-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm very new to poker and I've already had a few people call me some harsh word /images/graemlins/grin.gif for slow playing some good hands.

But hey what the hell do I care as long as I have all the money /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Poker isn't a friendly game and if they don't like losing money they shouldn't play - ignore them and just keep taking their money...