PDA

View Full Version : What the worst hand you would sell your soul for?

Fraubump
03-25-2003, 07:35 PM
So the Devil comes to you one day with a proposition that you will receive exactly the same hand every time in Hold Em in exchange for your soul. Additionally, none of the people you play with will ever notice that you get the same hand every time. What is the worst hand for which you would accept this bargain (on the off chance you've got a sould left to bargain with)?

sucka
03-25-2003, 07:48 PM
AA or no deal. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jimbo
03-25-2003, 09:30 PM
7/2 offsuit, I've been looking for a real good reason to give up holdem! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Homer
03-25-2003, 10:23 PM
I'd say thanks but no thanks. It would be torture to play the game with the same hand everytime. Plus, I can't sell my soul to the devil. I already did once for a donut, but it turned out that technically Marge already owns it.

-- Homer

JTG51
03-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Probably 22. I get a little extra joy out of flopping a set of deuces. Certainly more joy than my soul is worth.

Ed Miller
03-26-2003, 08:18 AM
While this whole soul question is an interesting one... it reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day. Assume that you will get the same starting hand for each hand forever (i.e. you will get this hand in LP, in MP, in EP, and in both blinds) and assume that your opponents don't notice. What is the profitable range of hands for a skilled player.

brad
03-26-2003, 09:18 AM
related q.

u get 72 every position but button.

minimum button hand to break even?

Homer
03-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Well, assuming you dump the 72 even from the blinds (I realize once in a while it will flop something from the BB but that is negligible), you have to average making .75 BB's from the button. I'm guessing you'd need at least TT to do this. Maybe I'll look at the pokerroom stats and see what it says.

-- Homer

edit: Nope I was wrong, looks like at least JJ is required.