PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Copenhagen?

Anders_G
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
(Inspired by the "Things to do in Paris"-thread)

What is there to do in Copenhagen? I have the following already:
* Christiania
* Tivoli
* Mermaid-thingie
* Ströget

I'll be going there with my gf. all suggestions are welcome. thank you

Anders_G
08-13-2005, 05:57 AM
bump

Arnfinn Madsen
08-13-2005, 06:48 AM
What is really nice in Copenhagen, is to walk a kilometre or two away from the centre in random direction. Find a nice pub and sit down to have a beer. The atmosphere is great with a lot of nice, interesting people to talk to.

Mike Haven
08-13-2005, 07:10 AM
"The car-free Strøget (the world’s longest pedestrians-only street) twinkles under holiday lights; shops feature elaborate displays; a huge spruce blazes splendiferously; the wondrous Tivoli Gardens, closed most of the winter, opens a Christmas market among its amusement park marvels; Royal Copenhagen Porcelain offers its latest holiday plates, bells, and ornaments. Copenhagen is a city whose charm unfolds at a leisurely pace, and if you rush, you miss it.

You’ll certainly want to enjoy the renowned smørrebrød, the open-faced sandwich offered all over town. At Ida Davidsen, run by the “Queen of Smørrebrød,” you’ll find creations featuring the ubiquitous horseradish, liberal sprinklings of paprika, and such delights as a Bombay Curry Salad of ham and chicken. But leave some room for capsicum; spicy cuisine, particularly Asian-influenced, has become au courant. Thai food is currently in greatest vogue, transformed by Danish fish and vegetables to a tangy fusion joy. At the casually hip Wokshop, a lovely little Thai place in the heart of the old city, dishes on pastel, asymmetrical plates present visual as well as culinary pleasure, with everything from green curry to spicy beef salad demonstrating an East-meets-West creativity. “We can sauté some dried chiles in the pan for people who like extra spice,” says our friendly waiter, who has evidently (and correctly) deduced that I’m one of those people.

All the city’s voguish chefs are experimenting with capsicum. At Schultz, my favorite eatery in town, chef Allan Schultz uses it for both flavor and color, in such dishes as red curry monkfish that’s part of my multicourse “tasting menu” extravaganza. Schultz prefers to keep his chile use subtle: “If I overdid the spice in dish No. 2,” he comments, “you wouldn’t be able to taste dishes 3 and 4.” Sit in this cave-like spot, with curving white walls flecked with blue, jars of preserved spices, and a dish of dried thyme topped by—you guessed it—chiles. It’s urbane and friendly Copenhagen in a nutshell."

From Chilepepper.com.

Bill Murphy
08-13-2005, 07:15 AM
From all I've ever heard you should leave yer GF at home. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Friend of mine is ~70. Has a 30 y.o. stepson. Sez the kid lost his virg at 16 w/a Danish exchange student in his HS. Sez w/o question she was the best looking girl he's ever seen in his life. After her year was up she wanted the kid to go back to Den w/her; her parents and my friend & his wife were all for it.

Kid sez fvck that, and to his credit he's bagged 100's o'er the years since. I saw a Danish family of tourists here a couple years ago; their ~18 y.o. daughter made Elin Nordegren-Woods look like Chris Farley. Other guy, Army fella, told me Norway was insane in the '60s-'80s. 'magine Dubya's killed it all for Yanks now. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Seriously, I'd love to spend all of 7/06 in Copenhagen, tho I doubt it's possible. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Buddy of mine and his wife went there on the honeymoon and loved it. Cope's prolly the only place in the northern hemi I got any interest in going to. I hear Amsterdam's played out like a CBGB's T-shirt(tho I'd love to be told otherwise).

Assuming unlimited $ and time, I spend several years driving across the US & Canada, and an entire winter in Aus/NZ & another in Brazil. The rest is all beach, baby.

Thank God I went to England & Paris when I did[1985], although I wish I'd stayed a lot longer than three weeks and gone all over the Continent. Not to mention not had mum along... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry for digressin', have a good time!

astroglide
08-13-2005, 01:10 PM
this one's a no-brainer: go apeshit playing pot and no limit games online

Anders_G
08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
so far: thanks everyone

more feedback please.

Vavavoom
08-15-2005, 04:40 AM
I fly out to Copenhagen on 26th Aug for 4 days......

There is 12 guys going there......I'd also like to hear suitable entertainment suggestions.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SammyKid11
08-15-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From all I've ever heard you should leave yer GF at home. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Friend of mine is ~70. Has a 30 y.o. stepson. Sez the kid lost his virg at 16 w/a Danish exchange student in his HS. Sez w/o question she was the best looking girl he's ever seen in his life. After her year was up she wanted the kid to go back to Den w/her; her parents and my friend & his wife were all for it.

Kid sez fvck that, and to his credit he's bagged 100's o'er the years since. I saw a Danish family of tourists here a couple years ago; their ~18 y.o. daughter made Elin Nordegren-Woods look like Chris Farley. Other guy, Army fella, told me Norway was insane in the '60s-'80s. 'magine Dubya's killed it all for Yanks now. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Seriously, I'd love to spend all of 7/06 in Copenhagen, tho I doubt it's possible. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Buddy of mine and his wife went there on the honeymoon and loved it. Cope's prolly the only place in the northern hemi I got any interest in going to. I hear Amsterdam's played out like a CBGB's T-shirt(tho I'd love to be told otherwise).

Assuming unlimited $ and time, I spend several years driving across the US & Canada, and an entire winter in Aus/NZ & another in Brazil. The rest is all beach, baby.

Thank God I went to England & Paris when I did[1985], although I wish I'd stayed a lot longer than three weeks and gone all over the Continent. Not to mention not had mum along... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry for digressin', have a good time!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can second the notion that Danish girls are HOT. I've spent over a month in Denmark doing recording work over the past couple of years. Even when it's freezing outside, the college girls are all tan with short skirts, blond hair, and large breasts. Things to do in Copenhagen? Hook up a threesome with your gf and a hot scantily-clad Danish woman.

SpicyF
08-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Obviously the only great thing about Copenhagen is that you can go to Malmö, Sweden v fast. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

StevieG
08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can second the notion that Danish girls are HOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I call this "the fallacy of foreign pussy." It isn't that the girls someplace else are hotter, you're just doing touristy things with people more likely to be attractive (bars, restaurants) instead of drab things with a wide demographic (work, grocery store). Plus, you're on vacation or whatever, free from normal thoughts and focusing on the libido.

Normally.

But Copenhagen is the real deal. The place is stocked with hot blondes.

They should just rename the town "Damn" and be done with it.

08-17-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I can second the notion that Danish girls are HOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I call this "the fallacy of foreign pussy." It isn't that the girls someplace else are hotter, you're just doing touristy things with people more likely to be attractive (bars, restaurants) instead of drab things with a wide demographic (work, grocery store). Plus, you're on vacation or whatever, free from normal thoughts and focusing on the libido.

Normally.

But Scandinavia is the real deal. The place is stocked with hot blondes.

They should just rename the town "Damn" and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first fyp

MrMon
08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Make sure you get a Copenhagen Card.

Tuborg Brewery (Free Beer!)
Royal Copenhagen Factory (You've got your girlfriend with you, plus I think industrial tours are always fascinating, even if it is china they're making.)
Any of the Royal Palaces
Round Tower (Europe's Oldest Observatory)
Central Train Station Smorgasbord (All you can eat. You never knew there were so many different ways to serve herring. You've gotta go here.)

Easy Day Trips:
Louisiana Art Museum (and take a stroll through the cemetary nearby. Very pretty.)
Roskilde Viking Museum (The Danes are very proud of this place. They keep reminding you that Vikings, not that Columbus fellow, found America first.)
Legoland

Don't kill yourself to see the mermaid. You have to do it, of course, but it's out of the way and rather disappointing. (Impossible to get a good picture, there's a shipyard behind it.) Go after everything else closes.