PDA

View Full Version : Saying the L-word

Anders_G
08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
So you're dating someone or you've been steady for a while or whatnot. Who is the first to say the L-Word? You or her (him)?

asofel
08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
if you're a guy dating a girl, you can rarely go wrong with letting her say it first for various reasons.

MoreWineII
08-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Does telling her you love her so you can get in her pants count?

What about saying GOD I LOVE YOU!! during a particularly great orgasm?

SmileyEH
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
It depends who loves the other first. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

-SmileyEH

oneeye13
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
does it count if it's part of an explanation of why you gave them HPV?

Anders_G
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does telling her you love her so you can get in her pants count?

i didn't think anyone used that 'trick' but yes, it counts

What about saying GOD I LOVE YOU!! during a particularly great orgasm?

if she never told you she loves you it counts

[/ QUOTE ]

Anders_G
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everything counts? what's HPV?

Broken Glass Can
08-12-2005, 07:24 PM
I avoid using the L word with her altogether. Calling her a Liberal is usually not good for the relationship, its kind of insulting. Why would I insult her?

Phat Mack
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Human Propelled Vehicle. For example, a bicycle. How old is this chick?

mslif
08-12-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're a guy dating a girl, you can rarely go wrong with letting her say it first for various reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean that even if you are in love you will not tell her until she does? I do not understand why.

08-12-2005, 07:46 PM
This is not a simple question, it's a factor of if I do lover her, how drunk I am, and if I"m trying to get in her pants, and how badly

MagicMan08
08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
well said hotpants. However, I have to lose this conscience I was given for that to work...damn damn damn

Wintermute
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Human Propelled Vehicle. For example, a bicycle. How old is this chick?

[/ QUOTE ]

on fire today Mack

PassiveCaller
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Better make it she, and its not close!

beernutz
08-12-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're dating someone or you've been steady for a while or whatnot. Who is the first to say the L-Word? You or her (him)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If she orders tacos, you can assume she is a lesbian.

Anders_G
08-13-2005, 08:29 PM
To those of you prefering to say it first: What are the pros of that?

Anders_G
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
bump

Sponger15SB
08-23-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not matter one bit, the only thing that matters is that both people feel the same way.

In my case, me and my girlfriend were in love, and I happened to say it first. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

whiskeytown
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
since I'm in the middle of a $10 tourney's first hr, where like the toilet, great wisdom comes in droves, I figure I'll dispense my years of wise wisdom...

regarding the words "I Love You"

as I have learned from personal experience and from my good friend, Brooks (who goes on a 3 min. rant in his concerts) -

the WORST thing you (meaning the guy) can do is be the first to say the L word first....

cause that automatically implys that you love them more then they love you, and that will make them uncomfortable, and they will end it with you....

that is the Woman's turf - she gets to be the first to throw it out there - never take that from her....(they assume they love you more then them vice versa off the bat, so it doesn't bring up any bad connotations)

so never EVER EVER be the first to say I Love you -

worst idea ever - like slowplaying with A's - you're just asking to be busted...

TheCroShow
08-24-2005, 06:43 AM
aye this is the job of the girl, if a guy says that first he is a whiney xxssy. just the way things work. not sure 2p2 is the right place to come with this kind of question though =P

speirs
08-24-2005, 06:55 AM
It depends on how bad you wanna get laid

DonBaker
08-24-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on how bad you wanna get laid

[/ QUOTE ]

drexah
09-05-2005, 02:51 AM
I was actually going to just make a post on this subject...I think that the first person to say it in a relationship is basically the person who a. feels it and b. wants to let the other person know badly enough. It is interesting, because i have been in a relationship for 5-6 months now, and i really want to tell my gf how i feel, however, i am young, and she is a shy type of person who is younger than i am and has little to no experience before me. Although i want to tell her, i feel like it actually might scare her off, or do more bad than good in the relationship. As for which sex should say it first, i dont think it matters at all.

edit: i am leaving for schoool in two days (just graduated h.s. and i am doing a post graduate year) we are planning on staying together, as it is just an hour away and i will be home a lot, but, i think telling her it before i leave might actually benefit us in this situation. Again, she is a shy type of person who has a sort of trouble expressing exactly how she feels. I really cant see her saying she loves me, even though its only been like 6 months, i cant even see her saying this if it were two years. Who thinks i should tell her?

LethalRose
09-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Not a word I throw around often. But the 1 time I did use it(thats right once my entire life), I knew the other person felt the same way. it was awesome, unfortunately she was engaged..which led to so much drama the OOT is incapable of handling, I barely did myself.

As far as all the other girls ive dated, they always seem say it. I dont think most girls really mean it, at least not the way I do. girls throw it around way to often making it meaningless, it confuses me a lot. They say it like "I love ice cream", "I love my boyfriend", "I love you matt" , I dont do that, if the L word leaves my mouth and its directed to someone some serious feelings/lovin is going down, thats how I roll.

09-05-2005, 04:03 AM
When I read "the L-word" the first thing that came into my mind was "lesbian"