PDA

View Full Version : How *WOULD* Rake Affect Your Given These Circumstances..

kahntrutahn
08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Many of us have rakeback... fine and dandy, however, what if one was proping and living in a rake free environment (100% rake rebate). How would this affect one's play?

I would think it would that one would be able to steal with a few more marginal hands that don't tend to make money once rake is taken, but I'm not quite sure what these extra couple of hands might be? Mainly I think rakefree would affect one's CO and BU play, however, if you have another idea, please lay it on me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, what if one's rakeback was 70%, hand range? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kahntrutahn
08-14-2005, 04:03 AM

Jeff W
08-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Simple answer: Rakeback of X% adds Y$/hand to all of your per hand winrates. After taking the added Y$/hand into account, you can play any hand that is > or = 0 BB/hand.

Example: Adding rakeback 25% adds .05 BB/hand to your winrate. AA goes from 2.5 BB/hand->2.55 BB/hand. 23o in BB goes from -.45 BB hand to -.40 BB/hand.

In this example, any hand that is -.01 to -.05 BB/hand becomes profitable when you add rakeback.

kahntrutahn
08-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Perfect, thanks...

hokke
08-14-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Example: Adding rakeback 25% adds .05 BB/hand to your winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it should be .005 BB/Hand.

Fortitude
08-14-2005, 06:48 AM
It should be pointed out that you cannot apply this concept just because you receive rakeback. You are not getting 25% of the rake you pay at the end of the hand back. You and all the other players at the table are effectively paying the same rake. For any given hand your individual rake is determined by the rake dropped / # of players at the table whether you folded pre flop or not. Ex. $2.00 rake dropped in a 6 handed game, your rake contribution is $0.66 whether you folded pre flop or went all the way to showdown and collected a raked pot - it's the same.

In short, you cannot play any more hands with rakeback than you play without rakeback because the rake is shared amongst all the players.