PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bubble hand

johnnybeef
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
UTG: 3500 extremely loose, more passive than aggressive
BUT: 1000
SB: 1300 Beefcake
BB: 4200 Played too many hands to be considered tight, but a good player never the less

$55 Party Sng, Blinds 75/150
Hero dealt KQo
UTG limps, button folds, hero?

Irieguy
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Interesting: adj, arousing or holding the attention.

Irieguy

johnnybeef
08-12-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting: adj, arousing or holding the attention.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to kick your ass.

Edit: ok, i found it interesting because loose players are not often discussed around here in this sort of situation....what type of hand will he limp with here?

SlackerMcFly
08-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Stop-n-go is not included as an option but is clearly the correct play. DonkMcFly

mlagoo
08-12-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop-n-go is not included as an option but is clearly the correct play. DonkMcFly

[/ QUOTE ]

with 3 to the flop i dont relaly like a stopngo here.

i push. with call and see a flop coming in second.

45suited
08-12-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let two opponents see a free flop and then push into both of them??? Why not push now while we likely have the best hand? This seems crazy to me.

Newt_Buggs
08-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I understand your dilemma, if you push you're going to see UTG make a horrible call with a weak ace or small pocket quite often. I probably push anyway though because I can't stand to let those 475 chips go.

skipperbob
08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that more than a few of the *STTFHUC* attendees believe that SlackerMcDonkPlay can "clearly" describe a winning play /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nottom
08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I push most of the time, calling is fine as well. Folding is stupid.

johnnybeef
08-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I must say I'm a little disappointed with the response to this thread (or lack thereof.) My initial read on the situation was that a loose passive player will tend to see any flop early, but they will usually become tighter than a drum once the money gets close. I figured that he would probably raise a strong hand, but would limp with a strong ace, king or medium pair. As such I thought that the best play would be to limp here as I was most likely to be behind, and he would be calling regardless of how much I raised. For some reason, I decided to go against my read and push hoping to seperate myself from the low stack. He called with AJ. I figured that given this read and and me being the second short stack would spark some interest. Maybe next time I will post this as Raptor AJ to get some discussion going.

SlackerMcFly
08-12-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured that he would probably raise a strong hand, but would limp with a strong ace, king or medium pair. As such I thought that the best play would be to limp here as I was most likely to be behind, and he would be calling regardless of how much I raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly why I liked the stop/go in this spot. A push into him gets called a lot. If you limp and insta-shove on any flop, it gives him "cause for pause" or at least makes him think that you may have hit your set, have a stronger Ace, etc.

If he calls there, so be it, but your limp/shove now has some psychological value that a SB poooosh PF doesn't have (he was going to call that anyway, remember?). Yes, you have him covered and have FE on him. Use the flop to leverage that and he will lay it down more often than you might think.

BB wants nothing to do with your little spat with shorty, so will fold and you are HU with a strong starting hand, a better chance that he will fold, and all of your chips in the middle....

Slacker - Who can't believe that SkibberPlop agreed with my call.... I think.

Degen
08-13-2005, 08:39 AM
wow i can't beleive how many people said push

this guy is calling 50% of the time or more, and if you ran that call 1000 times my guess is you'd be a coin flip on average, at best. 22-77's, Ax are the hands you're probably gonna see, and i'd much rather take a flop here, and bet out a K or Q or JTx board, or check/fold anything else. This is a good spot to lose a lotta chips, but a great spot to win a big pot in for cheap, IMO

(i did see your results already, but i tried to be as objective as possible...)

Nicok7
08-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Look at the chip difference achieved just by stealing this pot, 3rd place is disputed between you and limper at this stage. If he calls, you are rarely dominated. If he has aces, so be it, but beefcakes can limp with any weakish holding in this spot, so I believe I have decent Fold Equity here.

Stop and go looks weak because there will now be 3 people seeing the flop and most likely calling you with any piece of the board (they would be foolish not too).

Easy push for me. Even easier because of this particular player's limp.