PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Brantley

MoreWineII
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Please make him stop talking. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is it too late to nominate him for worst broadcaster ever?

08-12-2005, 08:13 PM
He annoys the shite out of me. I lost any remaining respect for him during spring training when he started accusing certain players of being on steroids with no proof; it must be nice to brand people with a scarlet letter and not suffer the consequences of such slanderous behavior. I notice that there are two types of former players doing TV analysis - the ones who love the game and accept their careers are over and the other ones, the bitter a-holes who can't get over being a washed up hack; Brantley epitomizes the latter.

hoopsie44
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Who did he accuse?

battschr
08-12-2005, 08:15 PM
He does have a sweet curly mullet, you have to give him that.

08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, and Rafael Palmeiro.

Actually, I can't remember for sure, but none of the people he named have tested positive. It's one thing for idiot forum posters like me to guess that Ivan Rodriguez is on steroids because he dropped two hat sizes since last season, but it's another thing for a "journalist" to do so with no evidence to back it up. It smacks of the McCarthy era, and I'd prefer that he sticks to the between the lines analysis (actually, I'd prefer it if he just went away) unless a guy tests positive. Imagine if he speculated on which baseball players are gay because they're not married and read Judith Krantz novels; the guy would be announcing Chattanooga Lookouts games faster than we can say Mike Piazza.

Matt Williams
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, off with his head. He accused a player that failed a test (Palmeiro), a player that apoligized for using them (Giambi) and a player that was directly linked to BALCO. How dare he accuse them? Let me guess, you hate the Dowd Report because it accuses Pete Rose of gambling?

Jack of Arcades
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, off with his head. He accused a player that failed a test (Palmeiro), a player that apoligized for using them (Giambi) and a player that was directly linked to BALCO. How dare he accuse them? Let me guess, you hate the Dowd Report because it accuses Pete Rose of gambling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. He was kidding.

08-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Um, I was kidding! And yes, I hate the Dowd report, the Warren Commission report, the Church Report, the Tower Report and the 911 Commission Report, too. And the Drudge Report, for good measure!

Matt Williams
08-14-2005, 12:08 PM
My bad. I was drunk and in a pissy mood. What about report cards? Do you hate them too?