PDA

View Full Version : Is this strategy correct against this maniac

cartman
08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I played with an opponent last night who open-raised with any Q high, any K high, any A high, and any pair. When I 3-bet him from any position, he he capped it 100% of the time. The rest of the table was tight enough to stay out of our way most of the time, so 3-bets were very successful at isolationg him. Postflop he was guaranteed to bet every round including the river when checked to regardless of his cards. If bet into he would raise any bet on any street. He sometimes slowed down when I 3-bet him, but NEVER EVER folded prior to the showdown with any K high or better (sometimes with Q high).

Here is how I played against him. I 3-bet his open-raise from any position with Any Ace, KT+, and any pair. Postflop I showed down every time unimproved when I missed and obviously piled tons of money in when I did make a pair or better. Remember, he would never fold and he would always bet all three streets regardless of his holdings.

How is my preflop strategy?

Is my postflop strategy correct or should I have been folding these sometimes unimproved?

Thanks,
Cartman

cartman
08-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Anybody?

Entity
08-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. I'd tighten up a bit after doing this for a bit as I don't want someone else to catch on and start capping ATo in position against me.

Rob