PDA

View Full Version : To Vikings Fans

08-12-2005, 01:38 PM
I am a vikings fan myself and I was just wondering if everyone remememers where they were when Anderson missed that kick in '98 and if you have ever truly recovered from that game? I know it was a long time ago I am just worried that might be the closest they ever get in my life time.

Wes ManTooth
08-12-2005, 02:45 PM
How about that time they got smoked by the Giants in the NFC Championship game in 2001. They made it pretty close then. I know, I am an A-hole for bringing up bad memories like this.

08-12-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about that time they got smoked by the Giants in the NFC Championship game in 2001. They made it pretty close then. I know, I am an A-hole for bringing up bad memories like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I would much rather lose 41-0 when you just got dominated the whole game then lose in OT after you miss a FG to clinch the game. Its a lot easier to deal with when everything goes wrong rather then just one key play. Oh and when they lost to the Giants that team shouldnt of even got that far they were half the team the 98 team was.

Edge34
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a vikings fan myself and I was just wondering if everyone remememers where they were when Anderson missed that kick in '98 and if you have ever truly recovered from that game? I know it was a long time ago I am just worried that might be the closest they ever get in my life time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mission: Watch every game you can this season.

Behind the Eagles (assuming TO is his normal superstar self), the Vikings are no worse than the second-best team in the NFC this year. Atlanta and maybe St. Louis should be the only teams to challenge. The Vikings' defense is so much better than it was in 98, and the offense isn't taking as much of a hit as it seems like missing Randy.

Skol Vikings!

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't want to talk about it.

08-12-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Your mission: Watch every game you can this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I already told my boss I have become a born again Christian and have decided to start going to church every sunday so I can't work. I am excited about this year team though. The team they are building now it the type that could eventaully win a Superbowl, finally someone realized that you have a better chance of winning a SB with defense instead of offense.

SL__72
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Why oh why would you bring that up. I still contend that it wasn't poor Gary's fault we lost that game but more of a Dennis Green/Randell Cunningham blunder, I'd rather not think about it at all.......

We are looking awful good this year so far. I can't wait to watch the game tonight... and I think I'm goin to mankato on Sunday to catch a practice. I obviously really like our chances this year.

08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why oh why would you bring that up. I still contend that it wasn't poor Gary's fault we lost that game but more of a Dennis Green/Randell Cunningham blunder, I'd rather not think about it at all.......

We are looking awful good this year so far. I can't wait to watch the game tonight... and I think I'm goin to mankato on Sunday to catch a practice. I obviously really like our chances this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

DEnny should have tried to score at the end of the game, but Ive always blamed Robert SMith too the game would have already been over if he hadn't kept running out of bounds in the finals minutes before Gary missed the FG.

banditbdl
08-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but the Vikes still need a real coach. Tice is gonna be good for at least 2-3 losses this year just by himself. If they had a real coach I think they'd be NFC favorites today, in light of what's going on with the Eagles. But with Tice as Head Coach... god only knows what will happen with this team.

banditbdl
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
One thing to remember, yeah it would have been nice to win that game, but don't forget the Vikes still would have had another game to play to bring home a Championship and that Denver team was top-notch. They were defending champs, didn't lose a single game until after they had clinched their division, and had a terrific running game to bring at the Vikes. I think they most likely would have given the Vikes more than they could handle.

holeplug
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
The 98 game always pissed me off b/c I (like everyone else) wanted a Vikings/Broncos Super Bowl since it would have been a great game. But the Falcons and their 5 fans that cared about that team had to ruin it and then get stomped on in the Super Bowl.

08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a vikings fan myself and I was just wondering if everyone remememers where they were when Anderson missed that kick in '98 and if you have ever truly recovered from that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't. I'm still bitter against the whole team. That was the last time I regularly watched the games.

kasey2004
08-13-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 98 game always pissed me off b/c I (like everyone else) wanted a Vikings/Broncos Super Bowl since it would have been a great game. But the Falcons and their 5 fans that cared about that team had to ruin it and then get stomped on in the Super Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes there are only 4 other Falcon fans in the world(otther than me who was watching it on TV with all my Viking fan friends), and somehow Gary Anderson missing a pressure kick is how the Falcons ruined it. Good story, makes a lot of sense.

NOT...

The falcons deserved it Jamal Anderson had a freaking amazing year and the rest of the team was playing strong as well, they just choked a lil in the SB, oh well.

I still have to laugh every time i think of that being the only kick that Anderson missed the entire year.

BUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif