PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL 6-Max AK on Button

maranello11
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I have about 200 in front of me and cover both players. I get dealt AKo on button. CO calls blind, I raise to 8, SB calls and CO calls. SB is short stacked, not a very good player, I dont know what to make of CO.

Flop is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Co bets 20 into pot, I raise to 40, SB calls and Co calls

turn 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Co bets 30 into $146 pot, whats your plan?

People_Mover
08-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Looks like another Big Ace to me as maybe he thinks you are drawing to a flush. I call down.

08-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Well first and foremost, you misplayed the flop. That is a huge flop for you, and you need to raise it more than a min bet. With villain donk betting you on this flop, his likely hand includes Ax, medium pocket pair, or most likely a draw. The villain's turn bet was also extremely donkish, so I would most likely just push right there.

08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
call him down. unless he pushes the river, then he probably has a set.

Raven
08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I dont like the min-raise on the flop at all there. I think that you need to raise at least to 70 $ here, without a flush draw you could be more tricky and just call his flop bet.

As it is I just call on the turn because a worst had wont call a raise here. Let him hang himself if he have a worst Ace, or let him bluff the river with a busted flush draw. If a spade hit on the river and he bet big I think I would let go.

maranello11
08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
This was my thinking that he had a set when he bet the flop, hoping for a large raise from me and then him pushing. But, when the SB cold called my 40 and he just called I didnt know what to make of it. He could have even called with 45. Just a weird way to play any hand he is on.

savman
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
how shortstacked, what has ur play been like, have you been raising a lot pf and following through on the flop frequently....these are all important considerations.

as it was played your flop raise is very bad. all it did was define your hand for them, build a larger pot with a hand that is unlikely to improve, and allow a flush draw to call correctly....not good. if u are raising, which i would here, u need to make a real raise to get the pot HU...AK does not want to play 3 ways. since u didnt, i push the turn; villains line is often a draw.

savman
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
as an aside, u may want to consider altering your pf raise against the shortys. if they had say 50 bb this 4bb is not an open i like against them.

Eegs
08-12-2005, 01:47 PM
$30 is a pretty weak bet, a blocking bet most likely, most likely has weaker ace or spades....I would push here...

balazs
08-13-2005, 04:44 AM
Can he have the A of spades? He could have a weak A with spade draw.
How short is the SB? How many chips has the CO after the turn bet?
I don't think he would open limp w/45 and bet so small on turn with 2 players left and a flush draw on board.

I would push.

Benholio
08-13-2005, 05:16 AM
How shortstacked is the SB? I think most people are just ignoring him when giving advice on this thread, but he needs to be considered, bad player or not.