PDA

View Full Version : My dilemma

Tom1975
08-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm going to my local cardroom tonight. It's a dump but they have a beer special on Friday night's - $1.50 Corona's (no free booze in Indiana). The problem is I never know how much to tip the waitress. Sometimes I just give them $2.00 (for a 50 cent tip), but then I feel cheap since the standard tip seems to be 1.00 per drink. On the other hand if I give 3.00 and tell them to keep it, that's a 1.50 tip (100 %) which seems too much. I could always give them $3.00 and ask for 50 cents back but that seems lame. Anyway, my new idea is to get a stack of pink $2.50 chips and just pay with those - leaving them the standard $1.00 tip and not having to mess around with change. I can also easily track the number of beers I've had this way. What do you think?

Shajen
08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I'll let the "that which shall not be named" part slide.

How much do you drink? If you have more than 4 beers, the smart play is to give the waitress a 10 on your first beer then nothing after that unless you are getting bombed.

Laomedon
08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Never post again.

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:01 PM
A couple of things you can do.

1) alternate between giving her $2 and $3 every other beer.

2) it's pretty standard to tip more during happy hours, etc. when drinks are cheaper so i'd probably just give her the $3.

Also, since you're in indiana, i guess you're indiana's new name to post in 00t under? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Do all of your taco bells stock a freezer full of choco tacos?

Damn those things are good.

http://www.tacojohns.com/Graphics/Food/Desserts/Medium/ChocoTaco.gif

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I have never seen this. It looks amazing.

The Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco gets no love. That is some good [censored].

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do all of your taco bells stock a freezer full of choco tacos?

Damn those things are good.

http://www.tacojohns.com/Graphics/Food/Desserts/Medium/ChocoTaco.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you get those baja or supreme?

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? It's a good humor ice cream treat, it's REALLY good. Peanuts at the top are the key.

I've never had the Ranchero chicken soft. I'll seek it out the next time I go. But, I did try the basic Steak Soft taco, it's very good.

handsome
08-12-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never post again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
08-12-2005, 12:08 PM
what's your standard line at T-Bell?

I've been going crunch-wrap supreme meal, with a bean burrito *or* a cheesy chicken gordita.

Oh, and this came up on my search for Taco Bell earlier. I've been waiting to use it:

http://www.everwonder.com/david/tacobell/order/tiny.jpg

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to go Grilld Stufft and 2 Meximelts. Lately I've been goign Crunchwrap instead of the Grilld Stufft.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Well I have it only about once every 6 months; but it is, a cheesy gordita, a nachos supreme meal and steak quesedilla. Large cough cough diet pepsi. I generally have a decent amount of leftovers for hungover breakfast or to throw at homeless people.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to go Grilld Stufft and 2 Meximelts. Lately I've been goign Crunchwrap instead of the Grilld Stufft.

[/ QUOTE ] I got sick of the Grilld Stufft after a while. I think this is the better play.

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? It's a good humor ice cream treat, it's REALLY good. Peanuts at the top are the key.

I've never had the Ranchero chicken soft. I'll seek it out the next time I go. But, I did try the basic Steak Soft taco, it's very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I've heard of it, but I have never had one. I'm drooling. Can I get this in any grocery?

bd8802
08-12-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good play. I enjoy the Crunchwrap. I want to try a Cheesy Gordita Crunch as an alternative next time. I sometimes do the standard bean burrito instead of the meximelts.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I've heard of it, but I have never had one. I'm drooling. Can I get this in any grocery?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been to a real grocery store in years. I don't know. I would assume yes if they had a good humor section. An Ice Cream Truck definitely. Speaking of which, I walked by an old Ice Cream truck the other day, how old? They still had the sign for an Ultimate Warrior WWF bar.

Anyhoo, let's not get off topic.

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, I walked by an old Ice Cream truck the other day, how old? They still had the sign for an Ultimate Warrior WWF bar.

Anyhoo, let's not get off topic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we have some wiggle room here. WWF ice cream bars were amazing.

08-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Damn, now you made me want to get Taco Bell for lunch.

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked. There is a Taco Bell 1.2 miles from work that I never knew about. I can't decide if I'm overjoyed or saddened by all the lunches I've missed out on.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you work? There's not enough in the city.

bd8802
08-12-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They still had the sign for an Ultimate Warrior WWF bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an aweful wrestler ... but still entertaining to watch.

Those Ice Cream bars kicked ass!

08-12-2005, 12:27 PM
I work downtown. There's a Taco Bell express on Chambers Street west of Church

bd8802
08-12-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I just looked. There is a Taco Bell 1.2 miles from work that I never knew about. I can't decide if I'm overjoyed or saddened by all the lunches I've missed out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be eating Taco Hell for dinner tonight. There is not one close enough to work to justify going to.

So the pressing question is, what should i get?

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be eating Taco Hell for dinner tonight. There is not one close enough to work to justify going to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could go for lunch, there's one pretty close. But I'm saving it for my post-bar munchies tonight. I'm getting excited already.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I work downtown. There's a Taco Bell express on Chambers Street west of Church

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too; I got lost trying to find that damn taco bell. Look at idiotic mapquest.

[censored], it's not even listed on tacobell.com now. Good to know where it is. Thanks.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I could go for lunch, there's one pretty close. But I'm saving it for my post-bar munchies tonight. I'm getting excited already.

[/ QUOTE ] Well this seals it. I'm a weak weak man. Trip report tomorrow.

RunDownHouse
08-12-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a Taco Bell 1.2 miles from work that I never knew about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had no idea you were gainfully employed. I'm honestly shocked.

kyro
08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
If it's the same waitress, maybe you could give her $3 for the first one and $2 for the second one, and keep alternating. That way it's $1/drink.

kyro
08-12-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things you can do.

1) alternate between giving her $2 and $3 every other beer.

2) it's pretty standard to tip more during happy hours, etc. when drinks are cheaper so i'd probably just give her the $3.

Also, since you're in indiana, i guess you're indiana's new name to post in 00t under? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Originality was never my forte...

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a Taco Bell 1.2 miles from work that I never knew about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had no idea you were gainfully employed. I'm honestly shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
o.k. so i look on yahoo to find the nearest taco bell. it says 1.2 miles. i was so excited there is one so close i never knew about. anyway, i was halfway there, exactly .6 miles and there's another even closer that i didn't know about. 2 minutes away! i'm so happy. and this crunchwrap is awesome btw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
o.k. so i look on yahoo to find the nearest taco bell. it says 1.2 miles. i was so excited there is one so close i never knew about. anyway, i was halfway there, exactly .6 miles and there's another even closer that i didn't know about. 2 minutes away! i'm so happy. and this crunchwrap is awesome btw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] zone chefs

08-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I'll be going in about 10 minutes. What should I get?

Club Chalupa
Crunch wrap ( Have not tried it yet)
Baja Gordita value meal
steak quesadilla
any other suggestions ??? ( I'm a little burnt out on the grilled stuffed burrito)

08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] zone chefs

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stabn
08-12-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I got sick of the Grilld Stufft after a while. I think this is the better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the grilled stufft the first few times i had it but got sick of it as well. As far as the crunchwrap goes i perfer it sans lettuce.

OtisTheMarsupial
08-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I thought we were going to start a tipping forum.

All your questions can be answered by using the search function.

stabn
08-12-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Such an awesome 35th reply to the thread otis.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't hijack my thread.

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't hijack my thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
The taco bell express downtown is actually on Chambers between Hudson and Greenwich Sts. I said west of Church before. I want to be very precise here, considering the importance of the topic.

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Does this Taco Bell Express have a full menu?

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The taco bell express downtown is actually on Chambers between Hudson and Greenwich Sts. I said west of Church before. I want to be very precise here, considering the importance of the topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a bright future in OOT.

08-12-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this Taco Bell Express have a full menu?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, all of the Taco Bells in NYC seem to be of the express variety. So, I'm not sure if it is a full menu or not.