PDA

View Full Version : Was this QQ play justified?

08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I can't retrieve the actual HH without the actual hand number (PokerRoom-anybody know otherwise?) so I'll recreate this as best I can...

$30+3 STT and stacks look like this:

SB 1400
BB 1700
UTG 4200
UTG+1 2200
Hero 1900
MP1 2300
bttn 1100

Blinds are $100-$200 (somewhere late in the level)
I had recently been shortstacked and made at least 4 all-in pushes in a very short period of time and won every one without a fight. The table had been tight (obviously). MP1 and BB had been pushing all-in recently but only when first in.

Hero has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, Hero bets $1900 and is All-in, ...

1. Is my image at the point where this seems like a very good play and double up potential? Or is this a Push everytime no matter what.

2. Is this hand strong enough to make a 2.5x to 3x BB bet and hope to get a little action?

3. If I get called, and an A hits the flop, am I pot committed and PUSH or can I let it go? (I'm pushing here everytime I think no matter what...worst case is if an A AND a K hit.)

gl,
Mike.

btw, if you care, below is the result in white:
<font color="white"> I did not get any callers </font>

the_joker
08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
I'd just push and hope for a caller. Especially since you've had several recent pushes, maybe people will loosen up a bit.

bennies
08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just push and hope for a caller. Especially since you've had several recent pushes, maybe people will loosen up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hadn't been pushing I'd make a 3bb bet here and like OP probably be willing to play for all my chips unless flop came AKx

wildzer0
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Sometimes I don't follow the 10bb rule in these cases and make about a 3xbb raise, but there has to be some conditions met.
1. Your table image is tight - if I haven't pushed at this table before, or pushed and only showed down a very strong hand

2. The players ahead are loose enough to give you action on a flop where you're ahead, but tight enough to fold to an all-in raise without a very strong hand.

It sounds like your table is pretty tight, but your image is loose. I 2-3xbb raise here screams monster. I just push and hope someone decides to play cop.

lastchance
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I think just pushing QQ is a very good idea. No need to see flops or anything with 10x BB. Don't get tricky when you don't have to be. No reason to let people miss a flop and fold there.

08-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the thoughts...And I have another question related to this situation.

Same situation but what about the other big pairs JJ, KK, AA.

JJ I think is push here no matter what your table image and reads are. QQ we think is a Push in this situation. But what about KK and AA. Are you still playing your loose image and hoping for a caller when you push?

gl,
Mike.