PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this turn check?

billyjex
08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
SB is a donkey dick, who shows strange aggression (likes to C/R, donk bets, etc.) and is hard to read but overall a dumb fish.

UTG is 34/13/1.5 over a large sample. Generally more passive than aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Poldi
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
converter messed up, cant figure it out

stinkypete
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

hold on i forgot to remove texas

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

DMBFan23
08-12-2005, 11:18 AM
no I can't say I like it. if SB is such a donkey dick then good he might c/r something you're ahead of and drive out UTG who probably has ~6 outs not counting hearts. if SB is gonna C/R black A8 for example and drive out UTG's Th, then hoo-wah!

I would bet here because it's still fairly likely you have the best hand and call down if SB checkraises but fold if UTG checkraises.

EDIT: if you had good reason to suspect you were behind then I would say check with outs, but that's if you planned to fold to a c/r, and that c/r means you're giving up a hand that is drawing pretty live. and the pot has to be big enough to want it but not big enough to call the c/r. I would look at your outs here as additional equity in case you don't have the best hand. in HPFAP they say you should bet your hands with outs if you don't think you will be c/r'ed, but I think the same principle applies here because if you do get c/r'ed by SB it doesn't mean you're no good and I think the benefits of getting UTG out are more important than taking a free card to tainted outs when you might hav ethe best hand

danzasmack
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
fold preflop.

billyjex
08-12-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i need to limp more on the button if anything.

danzasmack
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
i am not at the point where im playing hands like that on the button. what is your range of limping on the button? what is the rational behind limping and not raising?

Entity
08-12-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a [censored] lag and I fold this preflop. You need to bet the turn here.

Rob

twankerr
08-12-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was more than one limper I might, but this is silly. I'd advocate a raise before a limp here, and overall I'm saying fold preflop.

paco
08-12-2005, 01:58 PM
And fold to a raise right? Do you agree with DMB to call down a raise?

ZZZ
08-12-2005, 02:00 PM
IMO this is terrible turn play. This is exactly the type of hand where you need to be betting. You are probably ahead, but very vulnerable to hands that might fold if you bet. Checking will cost you the whole pot a good percentage of the time (as well as missing out on a bet or two often).

If you get check raised, that is unfortunate, and you just have use your judgement whether it's worth calling down, but the possibility of that uncomfortable situation doesn't swing the decision from bet to check, since putting pressure on your opponents is just so necessary here.

ZZZ

billyjex
08-12-2005, 02:10 PM
yeah, i guess my play sucked. i'm on a 130bb downswing in the past 30 hours and this is the only f'ing hand I won. i really think playing [censored] cards works.

SB had Q2 and was gonna checkraise, but i rivered my gutshot.