PDA

View Full Version : Second KT hand, KT suited.

Bob T.
03-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Same 6-12 table.

UTG limps, I have K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

When someone limps at this table, it pretty much sets off a limpfest, so I think that limping in here is an OK play. Calling station limps in behind me, and everyone mucks to the BB who checks, four to the flop (so much for that limpfest thing).

Flop, K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif.

BB bets, I see that he has two small bets left in his stack.

UTG folds, I raise, CS calls, BB reraises all in, and I also reraise to start the side pot, CS calls again.

Turn Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet, CS calls.

River, Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

I bet, CS folds, I show, and the BB shows 86 off, for a flopped straight draw.

Anyway, I liked my play on this hand a lot better than on the other KT hand. Comments?

RockLobster
03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi Bob--

Anyway, I liked my play on this hand a lot better than on the other KT hand. Comments?

Me, too /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif. I think that a lot of people (not necessarily 2+2'ers; I'm referring to the merely mortal of the poker world) don't pay attention to their opponent's chips. I love that you were able to have the BB all-in (and the side pot started) before the turn.

I guess the BB could have any hand, but the open-ended straight wasn't my first guess with this flop. I half-expected you'd end up chopping the main pot with him.

Nice job!

Homer
03-25-2003, 12:46 PM
I would have played this hand the same way.

-- Homer

Louie
03-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Yes. The value of these trouble hands drops DRASTICALLY when tight players raise or call raises. They do better when such players elect to just call. Anyway, KTs may be a little weak early unless you really WILL trigger a limp-fest.

- Louie