PDA

View Full Version : Commodus as Moderator?

durron597
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
mmbt0ne suggested the subject in AngryCola's poll, and I thought that this was such a good idea that I wanted to make my own poll about it.

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/1566/comlaugh9dg.jpg

(yes, I am borrowing this image from the original Commodus)

Broken Glass Can
08-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Personally, I would prefer Caligula (just as soon as I create the account /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

http://www.empereurs-romains.net/phot/empret45b.jpg

Saddlepoint
08-12-2005, 08:38 AM
http://www.apollonius.net/Images/nero.jpg

durron597
08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Ha ha ha.

I'm actually being serious, guys; Commodus (whoever it is) has shown himself to have a high degree of discipline (not abusing the account to make it unfunny) and good taste.

razor
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha ha ha.

I'm actually being serious, guys; Commodus (whoever it is) has shown himself to have a high degree of discipline (not abusing the account to make it unfunny) and good taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean givng mod authority to the normal account of the person behind Commodus. If so, I probably don't have a problem with that.

TheIrishThug
08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
as funny as he is i'd want a real poster to be a mod. just a thumbs down isn't good enough to explain a ban or deletion. if all of a sudden commodus has to break character it just wouldn't feel right.

ps nero is a loser.

durron597
08-12-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean givng mod authority to the normal account of the person behind Commodus. If so, I probably don't have a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at one point we had 3 people creating new accounts specifically to be moderators on this forum, I'm not sure that this would be all that different.

MelK
08-12-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well, at one point we had 3 people creating new accounts specifically to be moderators on this forum, I'm not sure that this would be all that different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Jeremy account was several months old but unused before it was pressed into mederation service.

razor
08-12-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't wanna see is the actual Commodus account get mod authority and turn green. That would ruin the effect of the account.

TheIrishThug
08-12-2005, 09:44 AM
my point exactly

and mel, wtf is up with ur avatar.

MelK
08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and mel, wtf is up with ur avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the latest in moderator gear. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheIrishThug
08-12-2005, 09:49 AM
sweet, i need to get some so i can be as cool as other ppl.

durron597
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What I don't wanna see is the actual Commodus account get mod authority and turn green. That would ruin the effect of the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would at all! Commodus was Emperor of Rome (OOT)!

And if actual explanations of moderation decisions needed to be made, *shrug* maybe the original owner could make them with their regular acct.

Matty
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And if actual explanations of moderation decisions needed to be made, *shrug* maybe the original owner could make them with their regular acct.

[/ QUOTE ]I think unmasking him would ruin it. Maybe he could have a spokesman.

durron597
08-12-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think unmasking him would ruin it. Maybe he could have a spokesman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Senator Moderator!

Mat Sklansky
08-12-2005, 11:53 PM
How did he get 53 votes here and in the original new mod poll option 3 is stuck at 24.

I actually think commodus might be funny, despite the fact that I was rather rude to him when he pm'd the request to me.

durron597
08-13-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How did he get 53 votes here and in the original new mod poll option 3 is stuck at 24.

I actually think commodus might be funny, despite the fact that I was rather rude to him when he pm'd the request to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because people would like both Dynasty and Commodus as moderators?

touchfaith
08-13-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because people would like both Dynasty and Commodus as moderators?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've found out who Commodus is.

Nobody could possibly campaign for a gimmick account this hard without it being them.

durron597
08-13-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Nobody could possibly campaign for a gimmick account this hard without it being them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet you $500 that I am not Commodus.

touchfaith
08-13-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why all the love? For all we know he could be me, is my only point...

durron597
08-13-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:

1) It would be hilarious - replying to bad threads with the thumbs down pic

2) I think he would do a good job

To me #1 is more important than #2, but obviously #2 is a requirement.

touchfaith
08-13-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:

1) It would be hilarious - replying to bad threads with the thumbs down pic

2) I think he would do a good job

To me #1 is more important than #2, but obviously #2 is a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree, it would be hilarious indeed, but...

What if he's Dead? You get the idea....without knowing who it actually is, there's just no way...

wacki
08-13-2005, 12:52 AM
wow, only 10% are voting against. As opposed to 33% are voting against Dynasty.

Willluck
08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Didn't he try to have sex with his sister?

MEbenhoe
08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, only 10% are voting against. As opposed to 33% are voting against Dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll be so surprised to find out dynasty is commodus /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ClaytonN
08-13-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude it's 2000 years ago, it was also okay to tap your local farm animal as well as your sister

Willluck
08-13-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude it's 2000 years ago, it was also okay to tap your local farm animal as well as your sister

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I also heard he killed his father.