PDA

View Full Version : Did I get odds to draw to this ?

08-12-2005, 06:59 AM
$0.50/$1 Omaha - Friday, August 12, 04:52:50 EDT 2005

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: EP1 ( $45.75 )
Seat 2: MP1 ( $54 )
Seat 3: MP2 ( $21.13 )
Seat 4: MP3 ( $18 )
Seat 6: LP ( $33.25 )
Seat 7: SB ( $10.62 )
Seat 8: BB ( $15 )
Seat 9: EP2 ( $19.50 )
Seat 10: franmo3 ( $9.50 )
Seat 5: Hero ( $25 )
SB posts small blind [$0.25].
BB posts big blind [$0.50].
Hero posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
EP2 folds.
franmo3 folds.
EP1 folds.
MP1 calls [$0.50].
MP2 calls [$0.50].
MP3 calls [$0.50].
Hero checks.
LP calls [$0.50].
SB calls [$0.25].
BB checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks.
BB checks.
MP1 checks.
MP2 checks.
MP3 checks.
Hero checks.
LP checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
SB bets [$1].
BB calls [$1].
MP1 raises [$2].
MP2 folds.
MP3 folds.
Hero calls [$2].
LP folds.
SB calls [$1].
BB raises [$2].
MP1 raises [$2].
Hero calls [$2].
SB calls [$2].
BB calls [$1].
** Dealing River ** [ 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks.
BB checks.
MP1 checks.
Hero bets [$1].
SB calls [$1].
BB calls [$1].
MP1 folds.
Hero shows [ 7h, 8s, Js, Kh ] a straight, six to ten.
SB doesn't show [ Ks, Ah, 3d, 9h ] two pairs, aces and nines.
BB doesn't show [ 3h, Td, Ac, 4d ] two pairs, aces and tens.
Hero wins $21.50 from the main pot with a straight, six to ten.

I figured that my flush would be good at least some of the time that I hit.

sy_or_bust
08-12-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured that my flush would be good at least some of the time that I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably true (An A-high flush draw typically bets the flop), but dangerous nonetheless. The turn is a call though, and one you should be comfortable with:

outs to the nuts:
Q (3 outs)
7 (2 outs)
6 (3 outs)

outs to calling hands:
J (3 outs)
8 (3 outs)
/images/graemlins/spade.gif (9 outs)

You have 23 potential outs, 8 to the nuts. The flush outs, normally worthless, are decent given the flop action. Perhaps you will win as much as 1/3 of the time when a spade falls, with 3 outs as a safe estimate (remember, implied odds are ~ 0 if J-high is good enough for the pot). The non-nut straight outs are much weaker, perhaps 1.5 outs.

That is a very conservative 12.5 outs, which needs a little less than 3:1 on a call. Implied odds aren't so bad - you will often get to raise your nut hands with 2-3 callers, so 2.5:1 is safe. On the turn, you are getting an immediate 3.4:1, which will likely balloon to 4:1 when SB and BB just call. Sometimes they raise, so you should not adjust to much, nor do you need too. Easy call.

There is also a "low limit" factor, which assumes that your opponents play poorly and have a wider and weaker range of hands than might seem rational. If true, you have tons of leeway in multiway pots, but it is best not to focus too much on this if you aspire to move up. Just remember that whenever you think it is close, call.

08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Sy. I agree with you. However, on the turn, I only counted 5 outs to the nuts.

Outs:
Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
7/images/graemlins/club.gif
6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I know that is very conservative, though. Omaha can be difficult when determining your outs. The guy that raised on the turn was a moron. He was raising everything. He was raising with bottom set, too. He started with $20 and left with $115 but with how he played, I doubt he does that all the time unless he really is that good. He played every hand. I had a 100 % flops seen % on him.

sy_or_bust
08-12-2005, 09:55 AM
You're right, I missed the turned flush draw. It doesn't change the end result, though.