PDA

View Full Version : River Betting (theory)

thatpfunk
08-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Not only river betting, but betting in general, is something that I have been experimenting with recently. I have attempted to control a lot of pots via small betting amounts and it seems to have worked.

Each bet I make sure to attempt to price out draws, however just barely (1/2 - 2/3 the pot). On the river however I have run into a question.

I believe that betting very small (1/3 - 1/4 the pot) has produced fantastic result because I have found that very weak hands will call, however I also feel that strong hands such as a lower 2-pair, etc should be punished for remaining in. How or where do you find the fine line making river bets?

Also, fwiw, I do change up my river bets, occasionally pushing, betting full pot, overbetting etc.

thatpfunk
08-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Also, fwiw, I believe that a constant changing of my play is omptimal, but I just am curious about how other 2+2ers toe the line of punishing weak callers, yet pricing in even weaker calls on the turn/river&inducing bets.

08-12-2005, 07:02 AM
If I'm preflop raiser I usually bet 2/3 pot if there's a possible draw, 1/2 pot if not for flop and turn (or check)

But on the river, it's always different, for instance if you have a set, and he's either got TPTK or a flush draw, I'll bet on the large side if I want a call, small side if not

If he's probably just got second pair, then vica versa

So yeah, it's all about hand ranges