PDA

View Full Version : We got trouble, yes I said trouble...

12-11-2001, 09:58 AM
Oh my friends we got trouble, yes I said trouble, right here in the game of Hold'em we got trouble. Now it ain't River City I'm talking about, it's those darn troubled hands. In the Valley of Patience (VoP) the locals have declared Lent on the cards called trouble hands. They just don't play them, unless they are suited or in late position with just a few weak lazy limpers. But, outside the Valley there is no moratorium on the troubled hands. It seems the word has not gotten to the rest of the Hold'em community. Troubled hands can hurt a man, with really good cards. So why would you want to hurt another human being?

When there is a raise and you have K 10 double suited on the button throw it away. Well one of our boys here in the Mid West didn't take heed to the warning on the label. He just called the raise and after the flop. The raiser was experiencing Post Flop Aggressive Syndrome, pushing nothing all the way to the river. That somebody just happened to be the SPM. IRS Frank ask the SPM, "where his your mind set today Suburban," the answer was in the VoP. Even with the truth on the table for everyone to see, this local called a raise with a troubled hand and made whip cream out of the SPM.

Oh we got trouble, right here in the game of Hold'em we got trouble, we just can't get everyone on the same page. Now we know the Calling Stations of the world will not pick up a book on poker, no matter what. Once the SPM asked a Calling Station, "have you ever read a book on Hold'em?" His answer was, "what good is a book going to do me, I'm just not catching any cards." Now how do argue with that kind of logic? You can't teach a maniac how to release a troubled hand. Maniac's are religious fanatics who believe any two will do, as long as you got chips, there's hope.

Now the SPM was up several stacks before this troubled soul took a stand with a troubled hand. In fairness he probably just didn't know the rules about troubled hands. With blind luck he crushed a hand that dissevered to be a winner. So what do you do with players that refuse to read and learn, refuse to lay a down a dog hand when a superior hand has raised. There's only one thing you can do my friends, rack up your remaining winning chips, go home and pray for this poor lost soul.

SPM,...been on my knees praying all night for this lost soul...

P.S. Just wondering if they busted him out yet, my knees are getting soar.