PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Relationshit

irishpint
08-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Keeping it short...girlfriend graduated and I have one year left. What to do? The idea of being in a relationship my last year in college when she isn't there is very depressing- does that make it worth breaking up? Couple general Q's....

handsome
08-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Re: Long Distance Relationshit

This had me on the floor.

Break up.

irishpint
08-12-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Break up.

[/ QUOTE ]

...kinda just got back from tahoe for a week with her. kinda liked tahoe...wouldn't mind heading to her parents place there a few times a year....

also sucks i am from MN, go to school and washington and next year will be in dental school somewhere. she is from california and now lives in arizona. i'm thinking lost cause....

pokerdirty
08-12-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she is from california and now lives in arizona. i'm thinking lost cause....

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you are willing to admit it. that's 1/2 the battle.

Josh W
08-12-2005, 04:02 AM
My story is long. We went to college together, and both graduated in 2000. Because of the impending distance (I had a job in LA, she was moving to Sacramento, 400 miles away...), I chose not to act on it/her....it.

Anyhoo, we graduated. She dated another guy for a few years. She moved to MN w/ him. 2.5 years ago, they broke up, she moved back to Sacramento. She bought a house. I bought a condo in LA. Distance again. But we've always been close.

We started dating exclusively a year ago...distance and all.

She's moving down here Aug 28/29. Life will be good again.

So, in short...distance CAN be overcome. However, I do think that she and I were in a somewhat unique position emotionally. I don't recommend trying it unless you want to.

If you say "man, we can't overcome the distance", then you are absolutely right. But the opposite is true, too.

Josh

New001
08-12-2005, 04:02 AM
I've been in one since last October. She lives across the country and we've only gotten to see each other a handful of times. It's been really hard at times, but she's going to school with me starting in about a week. If it weren't for that, I don't know if I would have been able to do it for as long as I have.

I don't recommend it if you avoid it, but I definitely don't regret it at all.

diebitter
08-12-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Break up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Freudian Slit.

kyro
08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm in one right now. We're both pretty crazy about each other but you have to be. You can't be "meh, she's pretty neat" or it doesn't have a chance. I say give it a shot, but be honest with yourself and her when/if you realize that you're just not that into it. Make sure she understands this too.

mason55
08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm thinking lost cause....

[/ QUOTE ]