PDA

View Full Version : Ace rag, semi-full table

08-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Shoudl I be pushign this, i am under 10xBB but there are still alot of players left.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t905)
Button (t2010)
SB (t700)
BB (t890)
UTG (t845)
UTG+1 (t945)
MP1 (t515)
Hero (t1190)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>. Hero goes all-in!

bluefeet
08-12-2005, 02:49 AM
well...you are done raising. but your stack doesn't quite warrent an A7o push, effectively 5-handed here IMO. i'm not feeling to desperate yet. i'm still in the AJ+/99+ range here.

however, the positioning is ideal -- you're pushing DESPITE bigstack behind...into blinds that are not cripled yet, that you can cover. if i felt i had a very tight image at this point, i could lower my range a tad, but i still don't push A7o.

lastchance
08-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Ace-rag is A2, which is almost definitely a fold here. A7, however, is a good hand when you're getting shortstacked. 4 people that can wake up with AA/KK. I don't see this spot often, but I suspect this is a push.

08-12-2005, 03:35 AM
I agree with bluefeet, this isn't quite a push. Pushing wouldn't be abominable, but it's a little too soon here. Your stack is relatively healthy and the blinds aren't slaughtering your FE. With a normal table, I would be pushing here with probably 88+, AJ+, maybe ATs. Even at 100/200 blinds it's not an auto-push.

It's just that your position isn't very good. Four people is a lot of people still to act for to be pushing medium aces here. Even if all the players behind were very tight--imagine they'd only call you with 77+ and AT+--you'd still run into at least one caller 25% of the time. But if you were on the button here, that number drops to 14%. I'd push this from the button.

tigerite
08-12-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ace-rag is A2, which is almost definitely a fold here. A7, however, is a good hand when you're getting shortstacked. 4 people that can wake up with AA/KK. I don't see this spot often, but I suspect this is a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think this is probably a push. One closer to the blinds and it definitely is.

Ok, so I've just run it if you turned the cards face-up and it's -0.4%. Hmm bit closer than I thought. But this is only because SB is calling with stuff like 98s in pure +chipEV terms which isn't going to happen in a real game.

Isura
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I would fold. 4 still to act, and the blinds are getting short stacked. They'll start looking you up with A8,KQ etc and you really don't want to get most of your chips in when you'll be slightly ahead or way behind. 8bb in this spot, I think I need AT,66 as minimum.

bennies
08-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd probably fold but it is very very close. It's not a disaster if you get looked up by a low pocket pair or KQ, sooner or later you need chips.

A9 or KQ I'd push without thinking.