PDA

View Full Version : T7 in the BB

Stack
08-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Villain is 67/11/1.5, not afraid of raising turns with small pair + draw, and agro on the river ( AF by street: 1 - 1.8 - 2.4)

This hand was uncomfortable.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

wackjob
08-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Value bet the river EVERY TIME.

TheMetetron
08-12-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet the river EVERY TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack
08-12-2005, 02:49 AM
0-2 in my favor so far.

really? I thought it'd be a good place to induce abluff since the guy can raise the river with a lesser hand, I can't fold.

donger
08-12-2005, 03:11 AM
BETBETBETBET

Jgents
08-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Will villain call you with J-high or less and busted draws? If he had anything, anything at all, as little as 22, I'm sure he would have thrown in a bet or two in there somewhere considering his history. I don't think given the action that he has anything at all and unless he likes to call the river with busted draws and high cards, this isn't a value bet at all. I'd be inclined to check this river for two reasons:
1. It induces him to bluff at the pot and you gain one extra BB
2. It takes away the possibility of him bluffing you out of this pot by re-raising you if you were to bet

ArturiusX
08-12-2005, 03:22 AM
You'll see pair of 6s, 4s, small pocket pair, or Q9 and the like CALLING YOU OFTEN.

ArturiusX
08-12-2005, 03:22 AM
One more thing, hes unlikely to raise if he hits his K, because of the ace.

wackjob
08-12-2005, 03:25 AM
I see you being called down by any PP less than what you have. I see a 4 &amp; a 6 calling down. Also over the last week I've had someone cold call 2 preflop, call to the river with an OESD then call the river with Q-hi. This has happened like a dozen times now in the last week.

Jgents
08-12-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll see pair of 6s, 4s, small pocket pair, or Q9 and the like CALLING YOU OFTEN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, loose-passives and calling stations will show you these. From the OP, however, this villain is anything but that. Yes they will show you the same crap as the calling stations, but they will make a lot of noise in the process.

Maybe I'm putting to much weight in the "this villain raises turns with small pairs+draw" statement. I just don't see how this villain with such history could have played this hand this way if he had a piece of the board. To me he played this all the way like a draw. With any piece of that raggedy board, I'm thinking he is waiting on the turn to raise if he had something and it just thappens the best bluffing turn came as he can now represent the ace, yet he makes no noise when the ace shows up. Nor does he do anything but call in this hand through out. With this type of opponent, to me this passivity means either monster or draw, and I think in this case is the latter.

Stack
08-12-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes they will show you the same crap as the calling stations, but they will make a lot of noise in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is exactly what I was thinking when I checked the river. If he had ANYTHING I would have heard from it.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm putting to much weight in the "this villain raises turns with small pairs+draw" statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not.

Most say bet, and it seems that they're damn sure. I am now a little more confused that I was before posting the hand. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well I agree with some of you that 22, 33, or a weak 4 is a possibility and warrants betting. And I do agree also that he will probably not raise with a king on the river.

To the bet camp: I don't want to sound stubborn, but is a bet that clear?

TheMetetron
08-12-2005, 04:36 AM
It's pretty clear to me unless you have a super duper read that he will make some noise over 90% of the time with any hand at all (including deuces).

I doubt you have such a read, and as such, I bet that chit.

Stack
08-12-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear to me unless you have a super duper read that he will make some noise over 90% of the time with any hand at all (including deuces).

I doubt you have such a read, and as such, I bet that chit.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...so here are some of the bets I'm missing in my database /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just have to find the other ones now.

Thanks everyone.